New menu in the main dining room?

snoope

Looking at the first two menus, it appears the choices for vegetarians are pretty limited now.

My wife is a vegetarian and we just put in a request for Indian food through our TA. Makes life so much easier. If there really is something that piques her interest she can order it.

We didn't have it on Jewel last month either. So far, I've only seen it reported from Oasis.

Hi Bob,

We're on AOS for past two weeks - yes these are the same menus we're getting. A few items different but same concept. Only now no cold soups (just one nite), no beef sliders, salmon served only on 1st nite, ceasar salad served as a "wedge" with dressing drizzled over.

So now it seems you to make requests for anything you want. Spoke to our head waiter to get ceasar salad chopped instead of wedge & salmon on nites we want it. The fish of the day doesn't do it for us - usually cobia or something like that. Did have sword fish last nite which was good & ahi tuna was on menu one nite too.

I don't mind ordering dessert with main course. But really wish there was better presentation of food - always served with a lump of tasteless mashed potatoes, a stalk of broccoli & two pieces of carrots. A bit of parsley or something would be nice. We ask for an extra plate of vegetables & get guess what - broccoli, carrots, cauliflower. Again have to ask H.W. for a better variety of vegies. Now dinner takes more work to get what you want. Maybe it's the chef & hotel director on this ship (who we've rarely seen). We definitely enjoyed our cruises on Jewel much more.

We have breakfast in MDR now as it's just too much hassle to wait in line for omelets in WJ in morning. At least on Jewel the process is organized & they give you a buzzer to avoid standing in line.

RC is definitey cutting costs now on a number of things we see on AOS. For example, at our consecutive cruisers lunch (about 50 people) there was no wine served with lunch. Maybe that's not always offered on all ships but we did expect wine. We luv cruising but guess we'll have to roll with the new attitude!!

Hi Bob,

We're on AOS for past two weeks - yes these are the same menus we're getting. A few items different but same concept. Only now no cold soups (just one nite), no beef sliders, salmon served only on 1st nite, ceasar salad served as a "wedge" with dressing drizzled over.

So now it seems you to make requests for anything you want. Spoke to our head waiter to get ceasar salad chopped instead of wedge & salmon on nites we want it. The fish of the day doesn't do it for us - usually cobia or something like that. Did have sword fish last nite which was good & ahi tuna was on menu one nite too.

I don't mind ordering dessert with main course. But really wish there was better presentation of food - always served with a lump of tasteless mashed potatoes, a stalk of broccoli & two pieces of carrots. A bit of parsley or something would be nice. We ask for an extra plate of vegetables & get guess what - broccoli, carrots, cauliflower. Again have to ask H.W. for a better variety of vegies. Now dinner takes more work to get what you want. Maybe it's the chef & hotel director on this ship (who we've rarely seen). We definitely enjoyed our cruises on Jewel much more.

We have breakfast in MDR now as it's just too much hassle to wait in line for omelets in WJ in morning. At least on Jewel the process is organized & they give you a buzzer to avoid standing in line.

RC is definitey cutting costs now on a number of things we see on AOS. For example, at our consecutive cruisers lunch (about 50 people) there was no wine served with lunch. Maybe that's not always offered on all ships but we did expect wine. We luv cruising but guess we'll have to roll with the new attitude!!

I really apprecate the detailed feedback. Many times I ask for a baked potato and steamed vegetables, so I hope those are still available.

My wife is a vegetarian and we just put in a request for Indian food through our TA. Makes life so much easier. If there really is something that piques her interest she can order it.

Can you explain this option to me? We sail on the Enchantment in April and my daughter is a vegetarian.

On past cruises she would just order the veg option off the main menu and was fine with it but if there is another option for her that would be great.

Thanks.

I really apprecate the detailed feedback. Many times I ask for a baked potato and steamed vegetables, so I hope those are still available.

No problemo Bob. Like I said, think you now have to ask for anything "special" or for things you were used to ordering.

There are over 100 new cabins on AOS now too. They are re-purposing areas of the ship, eg. old cinema is now cabins thus more people on the ship. Our Jewel is going to change too unfortunately in 2019 so glad we have scheduled more cruises on her.

Ice cream - you can only get on deck 11 outside now - not in WJ. But they do have hard ice cream in WJ at dinner. If you like cheesecake, the strawberrycheecake in MDR is quite good.

We checked out WJ a couple of times just in case we decided to dine there one night. We find we more lunch, less at dinner if it's not to our liking. Just have vino, eat less & enjoy chatting with our tablemates. At least we're not putting on as much weight!!

Cheers,

NJ

Hi Bob,

Which AOS -- Adventure, Allure, or Anthem?

Same menu on the AOS last week. I didn’t like the new do it yourself Caesar and provided feedback. They bring a stalk of uncut lettuce with dressing drizzled over it. Upon request they will cut it up for you. We found the menu to be more limited than in the past and it appears they are trying to cut corners but in the end our dinners took just as long if not longer than usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which AOS -- Adventure, Allure, or Anthem?

Hi,

Adventure of the Seas. Pretty rocky right now at sea heading to St. Maarten. Very high winds. Whole cruise has been higher winds than normal.

Spoke to a Head Waiter this a.m. Says that RC is rolling out new dining times - there will be three seatings in MDR instead of two. Starting a 5:30 instead of 6 pm. So now we understand why they are tightening up the dinner process. Believe he said starting in 2019.

Cheers,

NJ

anyone confirm if this is on Liberty?

Also, my husband's a veggie, and I often eat that way as well. There have been several mention of 'asking for Indian food' - is this common? We both enjoy Indian food and would likely be happy getting that most (non-formal) nites.

Thank you to all that have posted the new menus!

anyone confirm if this is on Liberty?

Also, my husband's a veggie, and I often eat that way as well. There have been several mention of 'asking for Indian food' - is this common? We both enjoy Indian food and would likely be happy getting that most (non-formal) nites.

Thank you to all that have posted the new menus!

Yes, it is common to have a couple of Indian dishes to choose from every night. Jewel actually has an Indian menu (ask for it), in addition to the regular menu.

I’m a bit bummed that salmon and strip steak aren’t nightly.

I agree! I often order tfhe salmon. Itshealthy and I enjoy it. Sorry to see it go. It's just more of those subtle cutbacks. :o

....and return of Dynamic Dining.

Just off the Celebrity Reflection. They were playing a commercial for the new Celebrity Edge. It has Dynamic Dining. Well, they're not calling it that but a rsoe by any other name A few restaurants included perhaps 3 or so - the rest all up charge.

Just off Liberty and they have these new menus. While, overall, the food is quite good, we found that the food was significantly better in Windjammer for dinner. We only went to the MDR 3 nights. This was our 2nd RC cruise and our first was on Indy 2 years ago. MDR was much better then- both with food and service. We especially felt that the desserts were lacking in MDR, while Windjammer would have a nightly dessert theme (custards, cupcakes, freshly fried donuts) with significantly more options. The MDR cheese plate is a joke compared to the cheese options in Windjammer. On our last night of the cruise, I ordered the chicken Parmesan in the MDR and it was cold and pink inside. I sexBUUKu-HgVgHnp-ffn5OqbxeYW_NS9w70XnL4vhAveZDa_59Mqth2pjMvTL95X1SSJbjDD9unDt1nLvmcvw4wxoVKqW8XfFikmwTqHNLrToPPcEne5Okb6D7e7x4YMcmQ7Lol15f6W5Ko6gGcmndKdCDMNT1VIzzbLzZJZ2chBTEoVrl5a2rW0vFn11ih1bYExBXTILIEZBqinjKRY-Nk_rJDco4d3tGzgj3cS8qGaChSxVg2bVnViRSdZULB7dNM9p9t8hwrdQxwFuwcFaQAsVNBEzGyZI9kS87NCXqgr033bCGJ4UDcAZ4o66n8en1pnGsOIGcYXFyNd6aA8kO-QBo6SAoVNCNltzOYYCuSGO7r7zF6yYCCyB4jEq-s3pTAIdWctDk8KruHZCUMoBSj4f8a5NayDGzSjxgD9g4JfJ2zqc1B4r1c4BOWk0wg5JSD8LzlIlBnE7sFAmJPmtSbvoIsWObK3g7jLioZaUA1jwWPo_T99KdPQ_kGZcPKG05ceQzgOXdXz6Kgfhzrr5DAZ1Qt3C6lIv0R8m1TldI1b1jhWRo7dfjlMFgIjzr1m6ObmK8jUkjYffod5ghLdrT2QUFgkLpODJ8iLAvzHGk=w1083-h812-nont it back and got a new one, but my appetite was spoiled at that point.

Just back from a 5 day cruise on the Navigator with the new menus. Overall, they were OK, but personally I preferred the old menus. Desserts were poor overall in the MDR. I was happy to see Creme Brulee on the menu every night, but found it as bad as the BBB Creme Brulee they replaced it with. It was cold and had an odd flowery taste to it. They only offer two desserts per menu that change from day to day (and one of those days they try to pass off a cookie as one of those desserts - you have to be kidding me...)

A couple of positives however...

1 - The French Onion soup was 10 times better than it had been in the past.

2 - Our head waiter asked us is there was anything we would like to make our experience better. I mentioned that we missed the cold soups on the menus. Every single night after that, the chef made us a different cold soup and brought 17 bowls of it to our table (one for each of us in our group). For all those who posted previously about missing the cold soups, just ask the head waiter on day 1, and you may get them every evening for the rest of your cruise.

just wanted to say thank you to the numerous people that mentioned Indian food - I did request this on the 2nd nite, so beginning on the 4th nite (we had chef's table on 3rd nite), i received Indian, complete with pappadam and naan, and loved it :) On lobster tail nite I had Indian and lobster - even better!

The new menus were so/so. We asked our waiter, and he too wished that they had it separated it out so that the items that were offered every nite were in a different area; sounds like he has to repeat that information often.

He did mention what someone else here has said - that ordering desserts with main meal (which i also liked seeing) was nice to speed up the process and get dessert orders into the kitchen, and that RCI is planning on 3 dinner seatings.

With our extended family group, we always enjoy having dinner together in main dining room, as the waiters get to know everyone and what they usually order, including kids. a few in our group had the alcohol beverage package, and they would order a couple bottles of wines for the table, and that's always nice to share as well.

Thank you. But those are from summer 17, the new menus in this thread are from late 2017/early 2018 I guess. I don’t know if those menus have been brought to Anthem as well by early 2018? [emoji5]

That’s why I am asking, I heard mixed information on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. But those are from summer 17, the new menus in this thread are from late 2017/early 2018 I guess. I don’t know if those menus have been brought to Anthem as well by early 2018? [emoji5]

That’s why I am asking, I heard mixed information on that.

Sorry, I thought that thread was more recent. I've not seen anything more recent than last September.