New menu in the main dining room?

snoope

Menu selections look ok to me. I do wish they would bring back the vitality menu items. Guaranteed you will never go away hungry in my opinion. I usually order some Indian food for a couple of nights during our cruise. I find they are very accommodating if you just ask. There is always the windjammer or a specialty restaurant if the dining room menu is not to our liking.

Noticed escargot as a starter on all the menus-- our last cruise, (4.5 years ago), escargot wasn't available-- some kind of harvesting issue. My DH was disappointed, since a running joke in our family from when my girls were young & would ask about dinner, our reply was "snails on toast" & we wanted to order it at least once to make them try it.

However, if I'm reading the menu correctly, that was not one of the gluten free options, & one DD needs to be gluten free. Can you tell me what made it that way? Did it come with bread or a bread crumb topping?

Thanks!!

Interesting comments. We sailed the QM2 in October. Beautiful ship, nice cabins, loved dressing for dinner. We had a regular balcony cabin so we ate in the regular mdr, not the ones for the fancy cabins! The menus were underwhelming. No always available section and fewer choices. The head waiter did meet with my dh each night to make sure there was something to meet his dietary needs the next night. One evening I asked for the plain grilled chicken, like on the RCI menu. They took me literally, absolutely plain, no seasomonigs, no taste! Considering there are very few other choices for dinner, buffet and I think 2 for fee restaurants, that was not their goal. Maybe they hope we book the fancy grill cabins next time so we get the better dining room. Not likely to happen, though would sail Cunard again.

Anyone else get the menu survey a few months ago? It was rather lengthy and asked what you would be likely to order for each meal from different menus, also preference for the look of the menus including the font. I’m guessing this is the result.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Kind of disappointing, since I'm a vegetarian. There's only one choice each night. Heavy on the pasta and creams, light on imagination and interest. I know I can always ask for Indian food. However I'd love to have more choice. My cruising companion is also a vegetarian, so we might be visiting the buffet.

Was thinking exactly the same! "Seasonal fruit medley" as a repetitive starter just doesn't really cut it!

Anyone else get the menu survey a few months ago? It was rather lengthy and asked what you would be likely to order for each meal from different menus, also preference for the look of the menus including the font. I’m guessing this is the result.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I got the survey and yes it was lengthy. New fonts and displays. The same meals were in different order on the survey menu and I tend to order the same thing.

Hubby and I love fish and I was excited to see tuna steak on the survey menu . We had swordfish recently on Navigator for a special lunch.

I think taking the survey weren’t we sworn to secrecy and not to discuss it with anyone :D I wish I had screen shot each step but at the end of the day we never starve on a ship so CBA.

Noticed escargot as a starter on all the menus-- our last cruise, (4.5 years ago), escargot wasn't available-- some kind of harvesting issue. My DH was disappointed, since a running joke in our family from when my girls were young & would ask about dinner, our reply was "snails on toast" & we wanted to order it at least once to make them try it.

However, if I'm reading the menu correctly, that was not one of the gluten free options, & one DD needs to be gluten free. Can you tell me what made it that way? Did it come with bread or a bread crumb topping?

Thanks!!

I hate to disagree but escargot seem to be missing form starters on days 4, 5 and 7. They are served with a small piece of toasted bread to get the remaining garlic butter.

I noticed the lobster option at the bottom of the menu for $29.95. His Royal Caribbean stopped offering lobster tail on one of the formal nights? I hope not! As for the rest, it doesn’t bother me how they list the food options. If I want to three things from the first column, be they soup, salad or an appetizer, I will just order three things.

Lobster still available for free on 2nd formal night but they are not if you sail from Spain. I guess it’s only offered on Caribbean sailings

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I heard it’s not offered on AU and NZ cruises either. Anyone know what they may substitute?

As long as the food is executed well on these menus, I like them...I wish there was more than 1 fruit soup day (just for my kids who love them), but not at the expense of a fish app, so maybe it's better they have it only once:)...on the whole, I think they look good (now, if they taste good:)...