Quality of Laundry Service

April42749

Wow, now that is a story about your jeans. Sorry for your experience with the wash. When you go on the tour you see the large machines and everything goes in together. We have been blessed with beautifully done laundry either folded or hung and have been pleased with the service. Of course anything I would hand wash or put on a special cycle at home I never send to the laundry. 

I also noticed this is a very old thread. 

Edited by Linda the Book Lover

14 minutes ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

Wow, now that is a story about your jeans. Sorry for your experience with the wash. When you go on the tour you see the large machines and everything goes in together. We have been blessed with beautifully done laundry either folded or hung and have been pleased with the service. Of course anything I would hand wash or put on a special cycle at home I never send to the laundry. 

I also noticed this is a very old thread. 

I too noticed it is a thread from 2017: that is going way back. I posted then and will again, the only problem we have had is white underwear seems to come back a little on the grey side. Otherwise we have no complaints and it is great to have clean clothes that someone else has washed and folded. I wish I could do it as well. 

On 12/15/2017 at 4:12 PM, jezabel80 said:

Am I the only one that feels "sceeved" that my clothes will be washed with other people's dirty underwear?? 😕

We’ve done the behind the scenes tour may times. They have special machines that do the guests’ laundry, each individually. No problem with crossing germs. We send at least one load down every cruise, always comes back perfect! Those tags can be pulled off, some are harder than others. Hope this helps!

On 12/15/2017 at 10:18 AM, April42749 said:

I assume that the ship washes/dries your clothes in industrial strength machines.

At home I hang t-shirts etc to drip dry after the wash...avoiding shrinkage and other damage. Really, just underpants, towels and bedding go into the dryer (I use commercial machines...live in apt building).

If you send clothing (t-shirts, pants etc) to the ship laundry, do they come back "smaller" (let's not blame this on weight gain)?

We have a 14 night cruise coming up and I like to pack light.

My clothes came back nicely folded, and no they did not shrink.  I only sent out tee shirts, shorts, P.J.s,and underwear fro myself and husband.  We washed fine washables in the sink, and hung them on the clothesline in the shower.

This was for a two week cruise last October.

1 hour ago, joyy7403 said:

We’ve done the behind the scenes tour may times. They have special machines that do the guests’ laundry, each individually. No problem with crossing germs. We send at least one load down every cruise, always comes back perfect! Those tags can be pulled off, some are harder than others. Hope this helps!

So.....since I'm the OP I'll tell you my results:

I sent underwear (including bras), t-shirts, very casual inexpensive dresses...etc and everything came back perfect.

Next month we're doing a 2 weeker....and I plan on sending the same things down to the laundry.  I'm not sending embellished t-shirts, leggings or any pants (ok....maybe older leggings...they can be experimental)....or any dresses I care about.

13 minutes ago, April42749 said:

So.....since I'm the OP I'll tell you my results:

I sent underwear (including bras), t-shirts, very casual inexpensive dresses...etc and everything came back perfect.

Next month we're doing a 2 weeker....and I plan on sending the same things down to the laundry.  I'm not sending embellished t-shirts, leggings or any pants (ok....maybe older leggings...they can be experimental)....or any dresses I care about.

Good to know we are doing a 14 night in 2 weeks and I was concerned about the laundry situation. Good to know that it comes back fine 🙂

5 minutes ago, cathi007 said:

Good to know we are doing a 14 night in 2 weeks and I was concerned about the laundry situation. Good to know that it comes back fine 🙂

Cathi, not everything is always going to come back fine.  It's just like a dry cleaners on land, mostly fine but accidents happen.  Take your chances.