Tour guides?

LegalEase

www.driverinrome.com

They are drivers, but vee eery knowledgeable. We used them in 2004, so they must know even more by now. :)

They are as are ones from other companies including Joe Banana.

However, Euro Cruiser is very much correct. They are not tour guides and there is a difference between a certified tour guide and a driver who is knowledgeable but did not get a degree nor was tested in this discipline.

Keith

If people understand a guide as someone not only knowledgeable, but also able to accompany them into a site, we're on the same page.

A driver may be knowledgeable but he/she cannot go with you into a site. That's a different license and, as Keith points out, involves an intense vetting process and education.

I have used several companies over the years. Smart cruise Tours, Joe Banana Limos, Italytoursharing.com and Joe Bananas etc...

I know Joe Banana Limos will hire a tour guide if you request. Like for instance they drove us to Pompei and then we were met by a guide who took us through. It was very good.

Personally, I think you will find more value going through your roll call and sharing tours. If you start 3 tours, get a group of 8, you will get a discount. I used italytoursharing.com the last several years and they have always been fantastic. I can recommend my favourite tours at each stop as well with italytoursharing,

Naples (My Favourite) Take the Sorrento.Positano tour with the lunch included at Positano- My very favourite... LOVE LOVE LOVE IT lol

Rome- I thought the Best of Rome without the Vatican was good as the Vatican I have seen a couple times and it takes away a lot of time spent seeing the terrific sites of rome in my opinion.

Florence- My favourite one in this port was Florence/ Pisa and a family winery Tuscany. It was a bit full but I really really enjoyed it. I love experiencing the food in Italy so visiting family wineries and family restaurants are my favourites. Im a fitness instructor, not a fattie, hahahah.. Just love food.

Enjoy your trip!!!

• 2 weeks later...