Everything.. Norwegian Aura? Norwegian Marvel?

FreestyleNovice

If FDR has been paying attention to what MSC has done with status match and how it has motivated people who were otherwise loyal to a different line to try MSC, Oceania should match NCL status just as you stated.

Stay tuned.....

What MSC has offered is amazing, but it is for One Time Only...good marketing to get people to try the other, and I may take them up on the offer....but long term, I would like to see NCL Holdings (and Carnival Corp., too) follow RCCL's model of permanent reciprocity....

What MSC has offered is amazing, but it is for One Time Only...

As long as someone sails once within 3 years with MSC, they will keep their MSC status forever. People can still be loyal to their usual line with the occasional MSC cruise thrown in. For MSC, once in a while is better than nothing and as long as MSC prices are lower than the competition (especially Yacht Club vs Haven), MSC will get some NCL business.

What MSC has offered is amazing, but it is for One Time Only...good marketing to get people to try the other, and I may take them up on the offer....but long term, I would like to see NCL Holdings (and Carnival Corp., too) follow RCCL's model of permanent reciprocity....

No its not it one time conversion and can be used time and time again. Wording is bad but let me assure you it weill work more than once!

As long as someone sails once within 3 years with MSC, they will keep their MSC status forever. People can still be loyal to their usual line with the occasional MSC cruise thrown in. For MSC, once in a while is better than nothing and as long as MSC prices are lower than the competition (especially Yacht Club vs Haven), MSC will get some NCL business.

Its a lot cheaper than haven which is becoming far too expensive for what it is.

I just got off the phone with MSC, and they confirmed that....

Amazing. They will honor my NCL Platinum Plus status, as MSC Black status....and permanently.

The wording in their website is a bit confusing. What it means is that you can only do the conversion one time, so it is important to select whatever current line your are converting, if you have several, to be the one that is the highest they match...if you are not now at the top level, you can't get another chance later if you do reach the top....so it may pay to wait in some cases to convert, if you are close, I suppose...

They will honor my NCL Platinum Plus status, as MSC Black status....and permanently.

"Permanently" only as long as you cruise once within 36 months with MSC. You loose your points and status when you don´t cruise within 36 months. Those are the rules written on their website (for all Voyagers Club members not just those having done the status match).

steamboats

"Permanently" only as long as you cruise once within 36 months with MSC. You loose your points and status when you don´t cruise within 36 months. Those are the rules written on their website (for all Voyagers Club members not just those having done the status match).

steamboats

Oh...sounds more like what the airlines do..."what have you done for me lately?";p

I don't know of any other cruise lines requiring you to "use it, or lose it"...so-to-speak....

But it still might work for me, as MSC is going to try again to enter the New York market, by doing a few cruises out of here...:)

What does MSC status match have to do with this ship and topic? Asking for a friend...[emoji6]

Not really anything but read some more posts and you will understand how we came up with this topic.

MSC does a status match with other cruise line loyality programs but also some airlines and hotels. So I´m Diamond with RCI and could match with MSC´s highest status which is Black. You can only do it once and to keep the status with MSC you have to cruise once within 36 months. Go to their website, check Voyagers Club and there you should find the status match.

steamboats