Formal Nights

Busman723

Actually although the website says there will be two, I would expect three "dressy" nights. Lately the 14 night Eclipse cruises have had three. There were plenty of people dressed very formally even though that's no longer the dress code.

That was our experience on our 2016 14 Night Caribbean Eclipse cruise.

Zero formal nights; most likely three chic nights. Can wear a tux or suit if you want, but also can go more casual - will be plenty of people dressing up if that's your thing, but also plenty opting for more casual attire.

We are doing a Transatlantic Cruise in April. it is a 15 night cruise. How many Formal Nights will there be?

Also what is the proper attire ? Tux, Suit, or just dress pants with shirt and Tie?

Thanks

I'm on Eclipse - 15 nt. Miami to Dublin - is that the one you're on? I hope there are only two chic nights, but if there are three, I will be wearing the same dressy black pants outfit each night and my DH will wear his dark suit.

I was on Equinox last August and it was difficult to tell the difference in dress between the nights in the MDR. It was all over the place, casual, some dressy, very few tux's or cocktail dresses.

I have been on one other TA and that was five years ago on RCI, but it did seem to be a little dressier than Caribbean cruises. Having said that, I think because many people remain in Europe after a TA, most don't want to drag a lot of formal wear around with them post cruise.

We are doing a Transatlantic Cruise in April. it is a 15 night cruise. How many Formal Nights will there be?

Also what is the proper attire ? Tux, Suit, or just dress pants with shirt and Tie?

Thanks

Formal night is now "Chic" night. It can be formal as you wish(quite a few still do)or more modest. Dress pants Shirt & tie will pass muster.

That was our experience on our 2016 14 Night Caribbean Eclipse cruise.

Same on our 2017 Jan. trip on Eclipse. The last "Chic" night was the dressiest I ever saw on Celebrity. Thought we were back on Cunard. I think the 14 night definitely bring out a more formal crowd. One of the reasons we've done 3 of them. After a one time tryout this Jan. on Oceania, we'll be back on the Reflection for their 14 night cruise in 2019.

Formal night is now "Chic" night. It can be formal as you wish(quite a few still do)or more modest. Dress pants Shirt & tie will pass muster.

I had no problem wearing a Jacket & shirt without a tie on Eclipse as did many others - ties no longer necessary

I had no problem wearing a Jacket & shirt without a tie on Eclipse as did many others - ties no longer necessary

And a Jacket is even optional. Maybe it's just us but we like Celebrity's dress guidelines for the evening in the MDR. Plenty of choices. Not like it was in 1991 on our first cruise.

True, but on our Jan.2017 cruise on Eclipse FAR more were wearing more "formal" wear than not. Ties were the majority & NOT the minority as you seem to imply.

True, but then again I tend to show a bit more style in my choice of dinner wear.

I believe everyone on this board knows that....That's your choice, I was only informing the poster that ties are not necessary, not commenting on the correctness of someone's choices.

Mek

We are both on the same cruise.. We are staying an extra week in Dublin and surrounding area, and do not want to lug a extra

suitcase..

Lucky you to stay the extra week. I have to get back for work, so will be flying home on the 30th. As I've already mentioned, I will wear the same outfit all three nights - it's basic black and I might switch it up with some accessories, but over 15 nights I can't imagine anyone will know or care that I've worn it more than once.

Unless your husband wants to wear a tux, in my opinion he will be just fine with a suit or even a nice blazer. It just depends on how dressy he wants to be. Cruising has become so casual and you will see the entire spectrum of dress in the MDR, even on Chic nights.