How many ships in port?

MyTMo777

Is there a way to find out how many cruise ships are expected in a port on a particular day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are multiple means not all of which are 100% accurate. Some pick up the initial itinerary but do not catch changes, which has been a bit problematic in the Caribbean of late.

Try cruise time tables or whats in port as examples.

Also some ports i.e., Port Everglades or Saint Thomas, have good listings of their own.

I generally try multiple sources and try to compare with the various cruise lines if it is a port where I am especially concerned as to how busy it might be. A good example of that might be Santorini, where an excess of ships can effect your movements.

you can use cruisecal.com for free if you go to the menu bar and click on Itinerary Lookup. They are pretty accurate for the Caribbean, except for winter when some European lines have ship in the area that they do not track, such as AIDA, Celestyal...EM

Great resources, everyone. I didn’t even know where to begin looking. Thank you all.

Grand Cayman & Cozumel were two of the ports I was most wondering about. Deciding whether to wander to town for free or book an excursion further away. May need to pay for an excursion if there’s lots of ships in port and the towns are crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

None of the sites are very good. We cruised out of Bridgetown on the 16th, back on the 23rd. All of the sites missed at least 3 ships that were there and some of them missed four.

That could very well be as a result of all the diversion's due to this past season's hurricane damage....a lot of these sites do not keep up with changes after they post their schedules, sometimes a year or more in advance....