Which ship for next cruise?

lennydebbie

We got back a week ago from a cruise to the Western Caribbean on the Epic. We put down a deposit for another cruise on NCL because we had such an amazing time. I would love to sail on the Epic again, but wondering about another ship. Which is your favorite NCL ship and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I you liked the big ship feel of Epic, Escape would be my first choice, though Getaway is a super option as well (and presumably Breakaway).

Among Escape, Getaway and Epic, you will immediately notice why there is only one Epic class ship and soon to be 6 Breakaway class ships.

We got back a week ago from a cruise to the Western Caribbean on the Epic. We put down a deposit for another cruise on NCL because we had such an amazing time. I would love to sail on the Epic again, but wondering about another ship. Which is your favorite NCL ship and why?

Having just finished my 2nd cruise on the escape and 1 on the getaway previous to that, I would recommend the getaway/breakaway as I feel they are less crowded overall. Places like garden cafe are the same size as the escape but yet the overall passenger count is about 300 less.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Having just finished my 2nd cruise on the escape and 1 on the getaway previous to that, I would recommend the getaway/breakaway as I feel they are less crowded overall. Places like garden cafe are the same size as the escape but yet the overall passenger count is about 300 less.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you for commenting!

If you like the Epic, then try the Escape. NCL took all of the good things from the Epic and continues to refine them on the next three ships (Breakaway, Getaeay, and Escape). Because of its age, the Breakaway is scheduled for a dry dock to refresh next year.

Our current favorite ship is the Escape, based on sailing NCL mega ships 14 times (most mega ship voyages on the Epic).

This is a hard one for me because these three ships had something I really enjoyed. The Pearl is number one for me for the nicest and most relaxing spa. The Star for the best Penthouse Suite's balcony as you get side and back views. Epic for the best Haven adult area with a bar (Posh)! It is just my DH and me on these cruises so child-friendly areas and things for families to do are not on our list. All three equaled as far as shows and food except for the location of Cagney's on the Epic (not a fan). We are booked on the pearl again in October and trying POA this June with DD and DGD.

I just booked an Alaska cruise for July, and had choices of Jewel, Bliss and (I think) Pearl. I have cruised Jewel several times, and, due to wanting to cruise the inside passage, chose her again. I have cruised Epic and really liked it, so am sure I would enjoy all of the mega ships, but really like the midsize ships best. I have to say POA was my favorite cruise (2 in 2 years), but for the itinerary rather than the ship, though it was nice, too. My feeling is " A bad day at sea beats a good day at work."

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you liked the epic than I would recommend you try either the Escape or Getaway. As someone mentioned, NCL took the Epic idea and ironed out most of the wrinkles. We have been on the Epic and Breakaway in the past year. Now, for us, it is a toss up between the Sun and the Jewel class ships. But we are older and the mega ships are not our thing. There is nothing wrong with them and if you did try one of the mid sized ships you might be disappointed. They do not have all the productions, quite as many eateries and the glitz of the giant sailing hotels. What the mid sized ships do have is outstanding service and the personal touch one gets from the crew. At least that is how we feel. We did the Pearl last month. The hotel director is a dream come true.

• 1 month later...