Forgot boarding documents

TexasTrio

You never need documents. You'll simply go where directed for them to look up your information. I frequently late book and have done this several times, same with bags, porters have a list and tags to apply on the spot.

Never need documents? That’s contrary to what Carnival says. While they may be able to look you up in case of emergency, I wouldn’t say never. If people never needed them, they wouldn’t tell you otherwise and it would be quite a mess especially with staggered check in.

bb325c02b3add9f3115fff785a83ab60.jpg

Anyone know how big of a hassle it is going to be that we forgot our boarding documents?? Half way to Galveston and realized we have our luggage tags but nothing else... Help

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is a similar discussion on another thread.

You don't necessarily need it but it'll be a lot easier and better to have it. You can use your phone to show your boarding pass or stop by a kinkos to print it out.

According to some, the terminal in Jax won't allow you into the parking structure if you don't have your documents. Might be a good time to call carnival and see if this is true for your terminal. I think you'll be just fine.

Sent from my E5663 using Tapatalk

Did you get the email with the link?

Being I HAVE current experience with this, I'd say, it is an "always" as I have done this at least 25 times on numerous cruise lines- including Carnival since I frequently late book. (15 cruises this year with again some without any cruise document, including a Magic trip).

I just about always, have to have porters look up my cabin number- guess what? It's always there and I haven't been denied boarding yet.

Has your experience been different?

Being I HAVE current experience with this, I'd say, it is an "always" as I have done this at least 25 times on numerous cruise lines- including Carnival since I frequently late book. (15 cruises this year with again some without any cruise document, including a Magic trip).

Has your experience been different?

Since Carnival tells me I need to have it I’m going with that. Booking late is no excuse (except maybe same day) not to have my ducks in a row and the required and requested documents that the cruise line says I need upfront. I don’t plan on testing it out. If a large crowed failed to follow directions and no one had their Boarding Passes that Carnival says are required, it would be quite a cluster at embarkation.

I can see them making an exception in cases of emergency like this, but it should not be done on a regular basis. Why should I and others be delayed because I’m unprepared?

Oh and I wonder what would happen at Port Everglades at the security gate? They require you to show your boarding pass and Passport before they let you in to the port itself.

Since Carnival tells me I need to have it I’m going with that. Booking late is no excuse (except maybe same day) not to have my ducks in a row and the required and requested documents that the cruise line says I need upfront. I don’t plan on testing it out. If a large crowed failed to follow directions and no one had their Boarding Passes that Carnival says are required, it would be quite a cluster at embarkation.

I can see them making an exception in cases of emergency like this, but it should not be done on a regular basis. Why should I and others be delayed because I’m unprepared?

Oh and I wonder what would happen at Port Everglades at the security gate? They require you to show your boarding pass and Passport before they let you in to the port itself.

She is just replying to the post with what her experience has been and I agree with her. I don’t think anyone said no one should bring their documents, but in the event they are forgotten it is no big deal.

Since Carnival tells me I need to have it I’m going with that. Booking late is no excuse (except maybe same day) not to have my ducks in a row and the required and requested documents that the cruise line says I need upfront.

Your strident, scolding tone is not helpful to the OP.

Good grief. you have NO experience with this. I do. You simply go to a desk- that you are directed to, and your information is looked up. No one is being "held up" except me, for a few minutes, and I ALWAYS get on the ship.

The OP, poster- FORGOT their document- why are you making a big issue out of nothing? They certainly are just fine without it and will get on the ship.

She is just replying to the post with what her experience has been and I agree with her. I don’t think anyone said no one should bring their documents, but in the event they are forgotten it is no big deal.

And I can appreciate the experiences. Never is a very strong word and I think it’s one that can very rarely be used in truth. All it would take is one person that follows the rules to the T to not allow someone access to either the terminal or the port such as PE or a similar one that requires you to show proof of sailing along with your Citizenship documents before you are allowed in via automobile. Then what? They even made the people that I was with in the Uber get out their DL because they didn’t sign their Passports and therefore wouldn’t accept them as valid. Do they have other processes for situations like that? I would think so but I can’t be for sure.

Carnival says that I must present either a complete or incomplete boarding pass to gain access to the terminal. It appears they do make exceptions based upon people’s experiences. However, they may become more strict on this and “never” can very well turn into “always”.

I think it’s best summed up as you should still be able to get in even though it could take longer.

Good grief. you have NO experience with this. I do. You simply go to a desk- that you are directed to, and your information is looked up. No one is being "held up" except me, for a few minutes, and I ALWAYS get on the ship.

The OP, poster- FORGOT their document- why are you making a big issue out of nothing? They certainly are just fine without it and will get on the ship.

I was asking about the gate out front while you are still in the car. How do they look you up if you’re at one of those ports where you must show everything before making it to the terminal? Do they deny you entry? Is the vehicle detained until someone from the cruise line can confirm you’re sailing?

What line do they put you in for staggered check in? If someone has a late time but they want to get their early should they “forget” their boarding pass so they can be ushered in to a desk or do they have to wait until he last check in time? Or do they get to in with the next group? Since I don’t have experience with this I am truly curious.

I’m not making a big deal about them forgetting their stuff. I was trying to help them by letting them know they should have received an email just like the one I posted so they wouldn’t have any issues. And yes the luggage tags thing is very simple. Plenty of people don’t bother printing them out and have the porters do it. Or they may have a guarantee that hasn’t been assigned by the time their info disappeared online. The Porters do have a list. But even those people have Boarding Passes with TBD or something to that effect on them.

Never need documents? That’s contrary to what Carnival says. While they may be able to look you up in case of emergency, I wouldn’t say never. If people never needed them, they wouldn’t tell you otherwise and it would be quite a mess especially with staggered check in.

bb325c02b3add9f3115fff785a83ab60.jpg

This is why they say it. To avoid the mess. BUT they can look up and if you forget you will be ok!