Need Information on New Check in Procedures in Place for Anthem of the Seas

Optifire

Hello Everyone! Happy and Healthy New Year to all. My friend is booked on the Anthem of the Seas next month and I was helping her with her On Line Check in Process. There are some new procedures in place since I last cruised. RCCL is now giving you the option to upload a photo of yourself, therefore eliminating the need to go to the check in counter. If you fill out your credit card information and the photo and you have your set sail pass printed out, they said that a mobile agent will be walking around and will scan your set sail pass and you can go directly to your cabin as your Sea Pass Card will be waiting for you in a sealed envelope in front of your cabin door.

My questions is, has anyone been on the Anthem or other RCCL ships where this is in place and used it and if so, how did it work out for you. Our concerns are that anyone can walk down the hallway and take the envelope with your Sea Pass Card in it and use it since the credit card info was uploaded already when she did her set sail pass at home.

We were on the Anthem at the end of November. While we did upload photos ahead of time and processed our credit card info, there was no mobile check-in. We still had to check-in at a desk. I was looking for mobile check-in and did not see it anywhere.

Regarding Check-In On the Anthem:

I got off the Anthem a little over a week ago and there are folks with iPads who can check you in before security. They recently gave them little podiums and they are against the wall as soon as you enter the terminal. If you have uploaded your photo, credit card and completed the on-line check-in ahead of time, they simply scan your passport and stamp your set sail pass and you are good.

Very painless if you have done it right, there are a few guests didn't upload photos/credit cards which slows things up. After check-in you pass thought security and depending on what time it is, you may board immediately or get queued up by your Crown & Anchor Status.

Suites and Pinnacle can skip past the roving iPad check-in agents and get in a dedicated security line. Suite check-in is on the left just past security. Suites/Pinnacles can board right away if the ship has been cleared.

You can't get to your room and get your room key until 1:00pm. Until then, your set sail pass is good for purchases on board. There will be one room key outside your door and your cabin mate's will be inside the cabin. I was traveling solo and my key was locked in the room (nothing outside) which made no sense.

Some tips - the line to drop bags and check-in starts to get pretty long around 11:30 am, Arriving around 10:30 am seems to work best for me. Sometimes they begin boarding much earlier than 11:30 am. The 270 Cafe is a nice place for lunch (mostly salads and sandwiches) if you want to avoid the Windjammer crush. Coastal Kitchen is open for lunch on embarkation day for Suites (sorry no Junior Suites at lunch) and Pinnacles.

After lunch, check to see when the bumper cars are scheduled - the line is usually shortest on Day 1. If you don't have an iFly reservation, you can go to Bolaros and make it there as well as show reservations. They have stopped taking reservations at the iFly desk, they send you to Bolaros. Another reservation option is the Royal IQ app but it wasn't working day 1. I was able to make an iFly reservation the morning of Day 2 on the Royal IQ app, they book up quickly.

If you like the music of Queen, We Will Rock You is a good show - be prepared, it's LOUD!

Lou

I was on Anthem in July 2017 and the process worked extremely well. I required wheelchair assistance to board the ship, so I was directed to a waiting area to be seated and a roving agent with an IPad came to check me in. Even though I had uploaded my photo ahead of time, the agent took my picture again. Perhaps there was a problem with my uploaded file. The entire process took less than a minute and I was provided boarding assistance as soon as someone was available. We decided to hang out in 270 until our cabin was ready. It was a great place to hang out and grab a bite to eat.

Hello Everyone! Happy and Healthy New Year to all. My friend is booked on the Anthem of the Seas next month and I was helping her with her On Line Check in Process. There are some new procedures in place since I last cruised. RCCL is now giving you the option to upload a photo of yourself, therefore eliminating the need to go to the check in counter. If you fill out your credit card information and the photo and you have your set sail pass printed out, they said that a mobile agent will be walking around and will scan your set sail pass and you can go directly to your cabin as your Sea Pass Card will be waiting for you in a sealed envelope in front of your cabin door.

My questions is, has anyone been on the Anthem or other RCCL ships where this is in place and used it and if so, how did it work out for you. Our concerns are that anyone can walk down the hallway and take the envelope with your Sea Pass Card in it and use it since the credit card info was uploaded already when she did her set sail pass at home.

loudbmw explains the situation well in his post below.

I got off the Anthem a little over a week ago and there are folks with iPads who can check you in before security. They recently gave them little podiums and they are against the wall as soon as you enter the terminal. If you have uploaded your photo, credit card and completed the on-line check-in ahead of time, they simply scan your passport and stamp your set sail pass and you are good.

Very painless if you have done it right, there are a few guests didn't upload photos/credit cards which slows things up. After check-in you pass thought security and depending on what time it is, you may board immediately or get queued up by your Crown & Anchor Status.

Suites and Pinnacle can skip past the roving iPad check-in agents and get in a dedicated security line. Suite check-in is on the left just past security. Suites/Pinnacles can board right away if the ship has been cleared.

You can't get to your room and get your room key until 1:00pm. Until then, your set sail pass is good for purchases on board. There will be one room key outside your door and your cabin mate's will be inside the cabin. I was traveling solo and my key was locked in the room (nothing outside) which made no sense.

Some tips - the line to drop bags and check-in starts to get pretty long around 11:30 am, Arriving around 10:30 am seems to work best for me. Sometimes they begin boarding much earlier than 11:30 am. The 270 Cafe is a nice place for lunch (mostly salads and sandwiches) if you want to avoid the Windjammer crush. Coastal Kitchen is open for lunch on embarkation day for Suites (sorry no Junior Suites at lunch) and Pinnacles.

After lunch, check to see when the bumper cars are scheduled - the line is usually shortest on Day 1. If you don't have an iFly reservation, you can go to Boleros and make it there as well as show reservations. They have stopped taking reservations at the iFly desk, they send you to Boleros. Another reservation option is the Royal IQ app but it wasn't working day 1. I was able to make an iFly reservation the morning of Day 2 on the Royal IQ app, they book up quickly.

If you like the music of Queen, We Will Rock You is a good show - be prepared, it's LOUD!

Lou

Mine have always been on the outside. Somebody goofed with yours. ;) :)

After lunch, check to see when the bumper cars are scheduled - the line is usually shortest on Day 1. If you don't have an iFly reservation, you can go to Bolaros and make it there as well as show reservations. They have stopped taking reservations at the iFly desk, they send you to Bolaros. Another reservation option is the Royal IQ app but it wasn't working day 1. I was able to make an iFly reservation the morning of Day 2 on the Royal IQ app, they book up quickly.

Lou

Are they still being cautious regarding norovirus issues? Are lemons and limes back and is the salad bar back in the MDR during lunch? We were on the Nov. 11th sailing and there were a lot of precautions taking place. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you all for taking the time to reply with your information. I truly appreciate it. Her and I usually travel together, but I am not able to go a this time, so I am like a nervous mother sending her off by herself and just trying to get as much info as possible so she has a smooth sail. I have made notes of all your tips and info and will pass it on to her. Thank you again.

Are they still being cautious regarding norovirus issues? Are lemons and limes back and is the salad bar back in the MDR during lunch? We were on the Nov. 11th sailing and there were a lot of precautions taking place. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Everything was back to normal on the 12/2/17 cruise after the outbreak.