Do you get the internet package?

sweets2323

You'd have to purchase an internet plan for each device in order to do that.

You simply use the hub app for communicating with everyone in your family. It costs only $5 per device to utilize the texting feature for the entire length of the cruise.

Sent from my Moto Z Droid.

You simply use the hub app for communicating with everyone in your family. It costs only $5 per device to utilize the texting feature for the entire length of the cruise.

Can we text only who is on the ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ask your cell phone provider about the cost of international plans - they may be cheaper than going for a full duration of the cruise plan. And on sea days, rely on the wifi.

Then cancel the international option when you return. We used Verizon and there was info on their website about the costs from each country/island, and options for international usage.

True, in the context of the question. The "device" can be switched, as I always do. As example I switch it from iPhone, to iPad, to Mac. Point being it is not tied to a device.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

True, in the context of the question. The "device" can be switched, as I always do. As example I switch it from iPhone, to iPad, to Mac. Point being it is not tied to a device.

Very true. But to the OP's question regarding texting others in her group, she would have to purchase plans for all devices to do that. That is why I suggested the hub app chat feature.

Very true. But to the OP's question regarding texting others in her group, she would have to purchase plans for all devices to do that. That is why I suggested the hub app chat feature.

Understand, just did not want others reading to think it could not be switched (device).

If I purchase the social plan will I be able to call my family at home from Facebook messenger? Or only text?

Never tried this personally but from what I've heard from others here, the wifi signal is not normally strong enough/consistent enough to allow quality voice chatting with any app, FB/Skype etc...

Never tried this personally but from what I've heard from others here, the wifi signal is not normally strong enough/consistent enough to allow quality voice chatting with any app, FB/Skype etc...

Thanks, I was recently on the Regal Princess and found we were able to not only call but had capability to video chat. That was the first time we tried contacting those at home (new grandson born as we were traveling to ship). And this time I'm leaving DH home;).

I have purchased the premium internet plan on my last two cruises so that my daughter can see her pets via a webcam. It works well for accessing still images and texting, but did not have the bandwidth for streaming anything. No video.