Christmas bookings

Viks2086

• 6 months later...
Christmas 2019 are available for Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.

Come and experience a summertime Christmas!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Forums mobile app

I'm a native Northern Hemisphere-er and find summertime Christmas (1) strange in a head-trippy way: whoever thought it was a good idea to have a full-on traditional Christmas Roast dinner in the kind of heat that is usual on Christmas Day? and (2) While we're speaking of the heat, this Northern Hemisphere girl will never get used to how miserably hot Christmas can be in Australia, and I grew up in New Orleans, where is was regularly over 80F on Christmas Day.

I will never understand why HAL cruises Australia primarily in the Australian summer. The weather is so much nicer and there are fewer tourists in the autumn and winter months here. I really wish they would cruise Australia in June or July.

I will never understand why HAL cruises Australia primarily in the Australian summer. The weather is so much nicer and there are fewer tourists in the autumn and winter months here. I really wish they would cruise Australia in June or July.

Yesss! My first time there I swore that if I ever returned it would be in July. It must be so much more bearable in much of Australia then. Darwin in summer is not the place to be---trust me!

I did go again, and it wasn't July, but it was late summer/early autumn, and was better. Still hot, but not nearly as bad.

Yesss! My first time there I swore that if I ever returned it would be in July. It must be so much more bearable in much of Australia then. Darwin in summer is not the place to be---trust me!

I did go again, and it wasn't July, but it was late summer/early autumn, and was better. Still hot, but not nearly as bad.

Ohh, I know. I'm in Southern Victoria and we have a fairly cool winter, but I don't think Darwin has been before 28C this whole season. There is no way I want to visit in their summer, with days near 40C and not dropping out of the upper 30's at night. Nope.

If HAL would do cruises to Australia in season that were not hot, I would be a happier cruising passenger and my parents would consider coming down to Australia on or for a cruise. But neither they nor I can handle that kind of heat.

I just looked and can only find cruises departing on 12/3 and 12/4 -nothing over the holidays.
I just checked again and now I can't see any either... nothing over Christmas or New Year!

Very strange, because I was sure they were there last week when I was looking for something in early January 2020!

My apologies for misleading you.

Melissa

I just checked again and now I can't see any either... nothing over Christmas or New Year!

Very strange, because I was sure they were there last week when I was looking for something in early January 2020!

My apologies for misleading you.

Melissa

It is very possible that HAL took those itineraries off the schedule until they get everything in order from the sale of the Prinsendam. Also heard a rumor that another ship, Veendam, will be gone soon. This potential news could also be playing a part in the 2020 cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums