Norovirus on Freedom?

We are boarding Freedom on Saturday 1/6. Today we received a notice that embarkation won’t start until 1:30 because the ship is being deep cleaned. Does this mean the current sailing has ill passengers or could this be routine?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on this sailing. Prior to this email my sail away pass said to arrive at 12:30 so this is an hour delay. What is earliest time to arrive at port under normal circumstances?

My sister is on the current sailing.

She picked it up on Tuesday. Was allowed back out of her room yesterday. She said the doctor told her they'd had 'quite a few people down showing symptoms'.

She said she was very careful to was hands etc. as they'd had a notice about delayed boarding as well due to needed deep clean

Her husband has NOT picked it up

Already checked in & have our sea pass cards. I asked & was told that about 6 people got sick on the last cruise so the CDC was involved & extra precautions are being taken. We are now in a waiting area & have been told boarding should begin about 1:30. We decided to come anyway since we had to check out of our hotel by 11:00. It’s not too bad, found seats & most people seem to be relatively ok with the delay. Personally I appreciate their efforts & will deal with the delay. :cool:

Already checked in & have our sea pass cards. I asked & was told that about 6 people got sick on the last cruise so the CDC was involved & extra precautions are being taken. We are now in a waiting area & have been told boarding should begin about 1:30. We decided to come anyway since we had to check out of our hotel by 11:00. It’s not too bad, found seats & most people seem to be relatively ok with the delay. Personally I appreciate their efforts & will deal with the delay. :cool:

If CDC got involved would be lot more then 6 cases. I forget what number is but it's like 3 or 6 percent on crew/passengers. Unfortunately happens and at this time of yr. But what I've seen in 30+ yrs is Royal is on top of these situations. Stay safe, wash hands...

If CDC got involved would be lot more then 6 cases. I forget what number is but it's like 3 or 6 percent on crew/passengers. Unfortunately happens and at this time of yr. But what I've seen in 30+ yrs is Royal is on top of these situations. Stay safe, wash hands...

It's 2 percent of crew and passenger total on board. So that would be about 98 combined crew and passenger illnesses as the CDC reporting threshold as there are about 4,900 combined on Freedom. That also means there are about 4,800 that are not affected.

Also the typical boarding time usually starts between 11:00 - 11:30. The suggested times that may be indicated are not enforced - unless there is a delay of this nature.

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Jan 6th sailing also, did not get on board until 1 or 1 30 after arriving at port at 12. Don.t know if it was a delayed boarding or not? Our group did not have any problems with Noro, but washed hands and used the hand sanatizer all the time.. Also I used the bathroom in the cabin only, Don.t know if it help any. After 2 years of planning and lots of money spent just did not want to get sick..