Obsession!!!

Hop77

Help!!!

Is there a medication term given to someone who is overly obsessed with his or her cruise booking?

After my darling son looked at one of the cruise ship in awe when it was at dock that I decided to do a family first cruise vacation. I booked and fully paid for one for the school holiday in June 2018. Then I played around with the cruise planner and found some questions which I google around for some answer. Discovered cruise critic, read numerous posts in it. Went through wonderful cruise pictures, analysed cabins details, call RC up a few times to change cabins after realizing no 2 cabins are rated the same. Then discovered the meaning of OBC, and learnt about guaranteed cabin offer and with that, convince my whole family that I needed some time off away from him and the kids, booked another one which is sailing off in about a month time, at a fantastic price given that I was assigned a deck 9 balcony room.

Then, I read more posting by lovely people around the world. Learnt about the WOW sale which is going on in the US website and discovered that RC USA is much more flexible with their booking, so that lead me to a non-refundable booking for a 3rd Jan 2019 cruise. Praying nothing will turn up by then to prevent me from sailing off in peace

I thought everything will be settled but in the end I ended up keep reading every single new posting and searching for pictures and reviews of cabin rooms. Now, I am in the mist of thinking about a longer cruise duration like 14 days.

And I can't wait to sail off for my first cruise with RC.

OMG!!! What has me become?

Edited by Host Clarea
User request

Help!!!

Is there a medication term given to someone who is overly obsessed with his or her cruise booking?

After my darling son looked at one of the cruise ship in awe when it was at dock that I decided to do a family first cruise vacation. I booked and fully paid for one for the school holiday in June 2018. Then I played around with the cruise planner and found some questions which I google around for some answer. Discovered cruise critic, read numerous posts in it. Went through wonderful cruise pictures, analysed cabins details, call RC up a few times to change cabins after realizing no 2 cabins are rated the same. Then discovered the meaning of OBC, and learnt about guaranteed cabin offer and with that, convince my whole family that I needed some time off away from him and the kids, booked another one which is sailing off in about a month time, at a fantastic price given that I was assigned a deck 9 balcony room.

Then, I read more posting by lovely people around the world. Learnt about the WOW sale which is going on in the US website and discovered that RC USA is much more flexible with their booking, so that lead me to a non-refundable booking for a 3rd Jan 2019 cruise. Praying nothing will turn up by then to prevent me from sailing off in peace

I thought everything will be settled but in the end I ended up keep reading every single new posting and searching for pictures and reviews of cabin rooms. Now, I am in the mist of thinking about a longer cruise duration like 14 days.

And I can't wait to sail off for my first cruise.

OMG!!! What has me become?

Cruising is addictive!!

Carla

Wait until you get on board! Disembarkation day will seem like the worst day of your life - «*What do you MEAN, I have to go home??!!*»

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t have to be on board to feel bad. I am already feeling upset just thinking about disembarking. It made me realise a 3-nights cruise is way too short. :(

You just need to slow down and take a breath. How do you even know if you will like it? Some people take their first cruise and swear they will never do it again. It's not for everyone. Your "darling" son was in awe just like every other kid. Try one first and see if you even like it.

You just need to slow down and take a breath. How do you even know if you will like it? Some people take their first cruise and swear they will never do it again. It's not for everyone. Your "darling" son was in awe just like every other kid. Try one first and see if you even like it.

I cruised twice before the kids came but not with RC, with Star Cruises, an Asian cruise. I loved it. However, when the kids came, vacation was not in our plan till now when they are older and much easier to manage. :cool:

Wait until you get on board! Disembarkation day will seem like the worst day of your life - «*What do you MEAN, I have to go home??!!*»

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To Cruise or Lose: Yes, yes, YES!!!.....to everything u just said. Disembarkation is ALWAYS the worst!. Made me laugh out loud reading your note cause on that day, my brain becomes that toddler who wants to hide under the bed just because she’s having too much fun and doesn’t want to leave.........and visualizes security prying my hands from the handrail as i kick and scream myself down the gangplank. So yes, cruising is AWESOME! ....nothing like it. Lauren

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Welcome to your new addiction. I always say, 'Hi, I'm a cruise addict and I don't want to be cured.' It's gotten so bad that now I say, 'Im always on a cruise. Just some of these land excursions are to dang long!'.

Hope you love it as much as we all do.

Erika

It's gotten so bad that now I say, 'Im always on a cruise. Just some of these land excursions are to dang long!'.

That is a GREAT quote.....love it. Welcome to "Cruise Addiction Central"......this is where we meet....LOL!! Like you, OP, it doesn't seem to ever change or vanish.....but it's an addiction we LOVE!! Have a great 1st cruise....it makes the 'addiction' GROW!! :D

Sounds weird but so happy you are joining the rest of us cruise addicts!!;) If you want to join in the roll call discussions, find your cruise week "roll call" and chat with your fellow cruisers going on the same ship and week as you!! Great way to meet your fellow cruisers!! RCI and CC are also partnered in providing a free on-board Meet & Mingle that you can register for to meet your fellow cruisers in person!! We usually always attend the M&M's and have a nice time, and sometimes win pretty good prizes!! Enjoy your cruises!!:*

I leave for a Back to Back on Saturday. I'm sitting at my desk now....painfully watching the clock.

We love cruising....we started out with a 3 day...I knew that was too short when security had to pry me from a pole that I was hanging onto for dear life on the ship.

Then we went to a 7 day. That was too short too. At the end of the cruise, I was exhausted because I tried to do everything in 7 days...but that is exhausting.

Then we did a 10 day...which was good, but wanted a few more...so we did a 12 day...which was pretty good, but could have done some more...next thing I know...we decided on a Back to Back...and its heaven...last 2 years have been nothing less than 14 days...and I really think I could do more.....Have fun and enjoy.

Not really sure how you could be obsessed with something you haven't done yet.

You should probably take it easy little bit and don't jump too booking other trips.

Do one and see how it goes first.

There is a chance you might not like it.

For many people it is not their thing.

Congrats on your first cruise. I started that way at 12 years old on a 3 day Florida to Nassau cruise. It hooked me and my parents instantly. My parents cruised every year for 47 years till they got too old. They literally saw the world. I got my friends to go twice after high school. The bug came back when a friend had a group going to Alaska 8 years ago and I haven't looked back.:D

What cruise are you booked for and what ship?

Dan

Welcome to Cruise Critic Hop77! I hope you enjoy your first Royal Caribbean cruise. Our first was on the Liberty of the Seas Inaugural sailing and we've been hooked since. We are booked to return to Royal after a several year hiatus (from Royal, not from cruising) and are looking forward to introducing our daughter to Liberty of the Seas in April. She is used to Celebrity, so I think this is going to be a bit of a treat for her!

Welcome to your new addiction. I always say, 'Hi, I'm a cruise addict and I don't want to be cured.' It's gotten so bad that now I say, 'Im always on a cruise. Just some of these land excursions are to dang long!'.

Hope you love it as much as we all do.

Erika

Wish I can be on the cruise always but sadly time and money do not permit it. :')

Congrats on your first cruise. I started that way at 12 years old on a 3 day Florida to Nassau cruise. It hooked me and my parents instantly. My parents cruised every year for 47 years till they got too old. They literally saw the world. I got my friends to go twice after high school. The bug came back when a friend had a group going to Alaska 8 years ago and I haven't looked back.:D

What cruise are you booked for and what ship?

Dan

I am from Singapore so it is limiting. For the Feb cruise which I am sailing off with my beloved sister, will be on the Mariner, 3 nights to Penang. For the June school holidays, will be on the Voyages, 3 nights to Port Klang. I selected the Grand Suite since price difference is not that much as I want the suite perks to maximum the experience on the ship as it is not easy to queue for shows and tables etc with 2 kids as it will be a full ship due to the holidays.

Then I saw there is a 5 nights cruise to Bangkok on the voyages as well for Jan 2019. It is great as my sister and I were talking for a long time to make a trip there. So with the WOW sale, I make a booking on the US website.

After that I guess no more crusie booking for a while. 😬