How do you carry your cruise card?

GoldieJ

I am assuming your drink package and charging privileges are attacked to your room key, if they are in a lanyard card pouch can they be scanned through it or do you need to take it out every time ?

Use a lanyard as do most of our cruise buddies. Just tuck inside shirt when in ports.

No problem scanning for drinks, etc. just take off around neck and it goes through the scanner. Most convenient

I am assuming your drink package and charging privileges are attacked to your room key, if they are in a lanyard card pouch can they be scanned through it or do you need to take it out every time ?

I think the newer RFID cards used on the Koningsdam can just we waved (so no need to take out of a pouch) but the older magnetic stripe cards need to be swiped.

I’m still dying of curiosity on what unmentionable group I’m part of too.

Kind of like the sea sick patch that I have to wear that some people don’t understand. LOL

The seasick patches used to be part of a joke during the "old days" when the cruise director presented his "disembarkation talk" on the morning of the last sea day:

"Which religion do those folks with the neck patches belong to?"

I found a nice lanyard on amazon that has a sealing plastic pouch for card and if you wish credit card etc. This also means no need to punch hole. It has a nice smooth neck part, a detachable part with clip for pocket and both have an extendable cord so you can keep around neck or clipped to pocket but still show it. I have not used it yet but think it will be perfect for our upcoming Med cruise. My husband does not like around the neck lanyard so the pocket clip is good for him and I use around neck at times or can clip in pocket or purse for other times. C

ruise Lanyard & Card Holder by CRUISE ON - Anchor Design [2 Pack]

When I started out cruising, I did put the card in my wallet. Now, I do have a lanyard to put in the card and license. However, I did have the card go inactive on me once due to putting it with my credit card.