How do you carry your cruise card?

GoldieJ

The problem with keeping it loose in a pocket/in a bag is that(for me when it's in my bag it's been close enough to my camera to get demagentised .

A lanyard is going to solve a lot of those problems for me.As for it getting in food, etc. just tuck it into my shirt/dress, etc. Easy peasy.

Flipping the lanyard behind you when dining is another way to get it out of the way. Have to admit I like the look of the rhinestone bling lanyards - they are always eye catching. So those of you who love them, keep it up.

Flipping the lanyard behind you when dining is another way to get it out of the way. Have to admit I like the look of the rhinestone bling lanyards - they are always eye catching. So those of you who love them, keep it up.

I'm all about being organised..not having to dig around in my bag to find things(especially my room card) is a plus for me.:cool:

I'm not a fan of lanyards so I put mine in my pocket. If I don't have a pocket, let's just say I keep it close to my heart.

That’s where I keep mine too 🤭🤫[emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had someone try to hand me their library card after pulling it out of their bra. I not so politely declined and told them I would look them up by phone number. That's just not an acceptable thing to do!

I carry a small purse. I have several so they go with pretty much whatever I’m wearing. Because I have reading glasses and like to carry my phone and maybe a lipstick, it works out well for me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had someone try to hand me their library card after pulling it out of their bra. I not so politely declined and told them I would look them up by phone number. That's just not an acceptable thing to do!

Um, Why? Boobs are just skin. You have no problem with men tucking their lanyard down their shirt. Why are women's boobies somehow not acceptable?

Frankly, it isn't our favorite place to keep a card either. If designers would just give us some pockets that would make everyone happier.

I use a waterproof case with a lanyard. I usually have it in a small tote bag with me at all times - with my glasses and book, bottle of water and daily program (While on board the ship). Or if just slipping up from our room for a snack, I just slip it around my neck... It will also safely carry some cash and your driver's license so that you can get back on the ship.

Edited by trixiee

Um, Why? Boobs are just skin. You have no problem with men tucking their lanyard down their shirt. Why are women's boobies somehow not acceptable?

Frankly, it isn't our favorite place to keep a card either. If designers would just give us some pockets that would make everyone happier.

Um, yeah I do have a problem with men having their boob sweat all over their card. Also don't want someone pulling their card out of their armpit or other areas that are "just skin" that tend to get sweaty.

I use a carabiner clip with split ring to attach cruise card after I have it punched. Also attached to my clip is a tiny flat whistle and a little flat flashlight (you just never know, think Costa Concordia). I hook this to belt loop and flip into my pocket. I have had things fall out of my pocket, but this way it is still attached. If no belt loop, I've sewn a loop into my pocket. Easy to unhook to scan card when needed. For some reason when I flip this out to use, the crew all want to blow that whistle:p.

As long as they are not the new more sophisticated electronic ones issued on Konigsdam (etc), you can still get them punched. Always have mine punched on all older HAL ship cruises. I get it punched first thing at the front desk and put it on a wrist coil.

Not true. Last February for our RSVP charter on the Koningsdam we got our cards with a hole punched. We all receive lanyards from RSVP when we board the ship.

88aec91c2d6b667eb13542e146af47dc.jpg

Just be careful not to put it next to anything magnetic (including cell phones). Your card will no longer work.

I have always had problems with that on dam ships, except for the new cards on the Koningsdam - never had an issue the whole cruise.

Um, yeah I do have a problem with men having their boob sweat all over their card. Also don't want someone pulling their card out of their armpit or other areas that are "just skin" that tend to get sweaty.

My hand gets sweaty too. It’s skin.. And I am discreet. If I do take it out of my bra, you’d never know. I’m like a ninja.

In my pocket

If I leave the ship on a Caribbean itinerary, I have a Witz Surfsafe case that I keep it, my ID and credit card/cash in - its around my neck and under my shirt.

Waterproof and floats so I take it into the water with me as well.

If I knew someone pulled their card out of their bra, I would refuse it. Sadly, the crew members don’t have that option. In my opinion, it is disrespectful.

[emoji849]... I’m not holding it near anything yucky!! I would take your card from your bra! It’s usually in my pocket anyway. Thankfully most of my clothes have pockets