If an excursion is no longer available online, is it sold out?

Hi! The one excursion we were going to do through the cruise line (zip line in St. Kitts) is no longer available online. Does this mean it is sold out? What are the chances of getting it booked on the boat? Should we book something else?

If it's not been cancelled, then it's possible that they have used up all the spots allocated for pre-cruise booking. Check when you get onboard, they are supposed to hold back some percentage of slots for onboard booking.

Not sure if it's showing sold out or just now showing at all. I booked an excursion and after I booked it it was no longer available on my cruise planner. I logged into my cruise planner from my iPad one day, and there was the excursion but it still didn't show if I logged in from my desktop. I used Chrome for both my desktop and iPad. It's still the case as of today and calling Royal has not reconciled the issue.

Two of the excursions that I pre-booked on my June Oasis sailing is no longer showing up under the excursion website list. It is however showing up under my cruise planner schedule, so assuming that it is still planned and just sold out? Glad I booked early!

I personally think they have somehow hide any purchased excursions from showing up again on cruise planner, even though there are spots available. Possibly safeguarding against cancellations should they lower the price. This is only happening for shore excursions though.

I personally think they have somehow hide any purchased excursions from showing up again on cruise planner, even though there are spots available. Possibly safeguarding against cancellations should they lower the price. This is only happening for shore excursions though.

Not so. When you book an excursion it not only still shows up on the Cruise Planner but actually tells you that "You booked this excursion on [insert date and time]". And it is totally allowed to cancel and rebook to take advantage of a sale price.

All of my shore excursions having been missing from my cruise planner for the last two weeks. Yes, it use to show what I purchased on what day and time but not any longer. The entire shore excursion is missing. I too thought it was a way of keeping people from canceling and rebooking at a lower price. This is only happening with my shore excursions. All of my dining reservations are still showing booked on my cruise planner.

You can go into to your full calendar and click on the shore excursion then click on details and it will bring up the booking page for that shore excursion with the current sale price. None of mine are showing sold out just no longer showing up under shore excursions. Some of mine are even cheaper than when I booked on the Black Friday Sale.

The zip line in St Kitts was affected by the hurricane and isn't accessible by tour bus yet. That may change over the next several months to a year, so depending on when your cruise is, just keep an eye on it. (We were just there over Christmas and lots of talk about certain tours from that area of the world being affected by power/accessibility/safety issues after the hurricane.) It's just going to take time for these islands to bounce back to 100%.

Thanks for the tip. I accessed the shore excursions from my calendar and they are still available (and now at a lower price)!! Royal C (those sneaky snooks) appear to now be removing/not showing, under the general excursion listings, any of the booked excursions (definitely makes it much more difficult to monitor the pricing!). I went ahead and cancelled and rebooked at the lower price.

Hi! The one excursion we were going to do through the cruise line (zip line in St. Kitts) is no longer available online. Does this mean it is sold out? What are the chances of getting it booked on the boat? Should we book something else?

I love Royal Caribbean, but this is one of my biggest gripes and reasons I go private for many excursions. To answer your question, there may not be a correct answer. If you book something else, find out their cancellation policy and keep an eye on Royal's website.

The zip line in St Kitts was affected by the hurricane and isn't accessible by tour bus yet. That may change over the next several months to a year, so depending on when your cruise is, just keep an eye on it. (We were just there over Christmas and lots of talk about certain tours from that area of the world being affected by power/accessibility/safety issues after the hurricane.) It's just going to take time for these islands to bounce back to 100%.

Thank you for this. I will keep watching and we will see if there is something else we can do there.

• 2 months later...

The zipline in St. Kitts was the one excursion we were excited about as well, and it was sold out for us too on our upcoming cruise in May. We are sailing on RCI's Harmony of the Seas. Were you able to book on board? Had they held any back for on-board booking?

As others have noted there may be problem unique to hurricane damage in some of the islands, but RCCL usually reserves some spots to be sold on-board. Board early and go directly to the shore excursion desk to check on availability, this has worked successfully for us on several occasions.

The zipline is probably more susceptible to damage than many other excursions. In addition to damage to roads leading to the zipline, it's conceivable that trees may have fallen on the zipline and damaged cables.

Good Luck