Diamond lounge on Rhapsody

nyllrap

Great location and expansive view off the aft. Will be boarding again in 3 weeks. April '17, Givago was the D Concierge, very outgoing - friendly and helpful, made sure everyone was happy. Very small D/up group on that one. Not 100% sure, but it looks like he's onboard right now. Would enjoy seeing him again. Enjoy your cruise and the D perks!

Thanks Bob

In a few weeks this will be my first time sailing as Diamond.

All I can suggest to enhance your experience in the Diamond Lounge is to arrive about 10 minutes after early dinner starts.

We did a 10-day Med cruise on Rhapsody. they opened up a small section back aft and cordoned it off from Shall We Dance. Then we did a TA and they used the DL and all of Shall We Dance as there were a lot of Diamonds and above. We always found a seat. I liked the DL much better than the one on Freedom.

All I can suggest to enhance your experience in the Diamond Lounge is to arrive about 10 minutes after early dinner starts.

Excellent suggestion, as it clears out pretty quickly at that time, and we do this when there are large #s of D, etc. But last April there were so few it was never crowded, and never had to open the side door for overflow.

We were on the Eastbound Transatlantic last year on the Rhapsody. We used the DL in a non-traditional way. We did not attend during the main hours of operation but used it at other times of the day. The coffee machine was always available so we used it for morning coffee (the Windjammer coffee was awful!). We also went in at off times to play a game of cards or just sit and relax. It's a great spot!

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Rhapsody. Ligia Kandler is the Diamond Concierge. She is wonderful! Very crowded, had the overflow open every night. The Diamond Plus, Pinnacle and Suite lounge didn't seem as friendly. Nice selection of appetizers too.

Tell me how the DL compares to the CL, please? It looks like the CL has great views, too, but not the overflow capacity. We have taken our drinks into the Viking Crown on other ships, but I never like them closing the VL off the few times they did for overflow. I felt it was unfair to the rest of the passengers who weren't Diamond or above.

The overflow options of the Rhapsody's DL sound wonderful!