Concierge Club on the Ovation

xpcdoojk

We have a balcony cabin pretty aft on the Ovation for next years partial Trans-Pacific cruise on deck 12. Was looking at the deck plans for deck 12 and it shows the concierge club very close to our cabin. Since we are Diamond Plus, I am thrilled to be so close to it. Does anyone know that it is going to remain a Concierge Club April 2019. I am thinking it will be the most convenient access I have ever had to the cappuccino machine in the morning. We sailed the Ovation this past April, but the DL was in the Music Hall (due to the Golden Room turned into a high stakes gambling room) and to get a cappuccino you had to have the DL staff make it for you because it was behind the bar. It was a pain. I didn't even think about the Concierge Club being available to us in the suite, since I am so used to just using the Diamond Lounge. The upcoming cruise we are not in a suite.

Of course, I know that nobody knows the answer to if it will change to a suite lounge but is it even still a concierge club?

JC

Have not been on Ovation but the CL on Anthem is gorgeous, on of the nicest in the fleet IMO. I'm sure you'll love it.

Thanks for the confirmation. I should have visited on my last sailing, but I was in a suite and I really was fine with the DL, but yes considering its location it should have awesome views, and since my cabin is truly just down the hall. I will be utilizing it every morning at least on that cruise!!!!

JC

• 5 months later...
If you are diamond plus do you get access to the concierge lounge on Ovation during a Australian/ New Zealand cruise?

Thank you in advance.

Todd

As the OP, who didn’t use it when I could in the past, I am hardly an expert, but I am not aware of any rules for OZ/NZ that are different from the rest of the planet as far as Concierge lounge is concerned.

I believe it is available for those in suites and who are D+ or Pinnacle.

I will let you know next April for sure.:')

JC

We are DP too JC and the Freedom also still has a Concierge Club right down the hall from our cabin. The Diamond lounge is not in a convenient location.

Everytime I see a Yukon XL I think of you. Its was years ago but your comments on that thread still crack me up!

Enjoy your cruise :-)

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

The Concierge Lounge on the Ovation is amazing. It has full height glass windows that run the entire width of the ship. The only thing that stops it being perfect is the long walk down the corridor after a few drinks on the way to dinner.

• Like 1

Sweet! Hope it lasts.

JC

While you never know with RC, I´d expect it to last. They made it a CL right from the beginning, at a time they already had introduced SL´s on other ships.

On my one Ovation cruise I only used the CL once or twice for happy hour because it was usually packed in the evenings and people started to camp out early. This made me use the DL which was busy as well, but usually had seats in the overflow space of the upper Music Hall. Fun for people watching as well.

As our cabin was on the same floor as the CL, I went there in the afternoon to get some coffee. The short visits were quite interesting, as it was the same "ballet" performance every afternoon. The staff was preparing the lounge for the evening cocktail hour and setting up the buffet with munchies. Same guests around each afternoon waiting like hyena for the bufft to be ready, with some deciding the wait would be too long and help themselves by removing the saran wrap from the plates:rolleyes:

The second group of guests was busy rearanging the chairs and tables to get them ready for their group and claim their spots.

All of this was most likely unique to my sailing and clearly depends on the set of passengers on a specific sailing. It was an amusing sight for me and I was kinda looking forward to the entertainment on my afternoon coffee run.:')

I have read on fb groups that if there are too many Pinnacles and D+ on the cruise then the access may be restricted. It’s up to the crew to decide who can get in, other than suite guests in GL and above suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Concierge Lounge on the Ovation is amazing. It has full height glass windows that run the entire width of the ship. The only thing that stops it being perfect is the long walk down the corridor after a few drinks on the way to dinner.

Thanks. I was just looking at the deck plan for the concierge lounge. So its on Deck 12 at the very aft of the ship it looks like. The only way to get there is midship on deck 12 through all the cabins that line the hallway?? This seems like an odd place.

Todd

Had cabin 12318 on the Anthem earlier this year. Port side right next door to the CL. It was great. Could drop in any time to grab coffee, tea, or whatever or sip my tea and read by the windows. Just beautiful.

We spent 34 glorious days on the Ovation...on deck 12.

I knew exactly how many steps it would take for me to get from our cabin to the concierge lounge. It was often empty in the morning so I had a nice selection of pastries, baked breads, salmon, and fresh fruits. Never had to wait for the coffee machine.

The sailings from Asia, it was pretty much empty. In Australia/NZ, it was packed early in the evening...we usually visited around 7:45pm and there were plenty of seats. (We ate dinner at 8:30...and yes, after a couple of drinks, we made sure how many steps it would take back to the elevators. Oh, it was convenient to have a restroom inside the concierge...and an Ipad if you need to make reservations.)

The servers were outstanding and one of the guys, Jeinrick, even entertained the happy crowd with brilliant magic. What made the Concierge Lounge special was the beautiful, helpful, and wonderful Concierge...Bing. The place outshines everything else on the ship...because Bing's a star. :)

We were on Ovation just 3 weeks ago, spoke to the Concierges a lot, they did say that there were no plans to change it, but, thinking changes all the time.

We really enjoyed it for the fantastic views, can be warm just before sunset, We stayed on Deck 12 so very handy to get there.