Name does not match in CC and Booking - More WEB problems

gerelmx

Celebrity says that the name registered in the Capitan’s club does not match the name registered in the Booking.

When I'm doing the check-in for next Eclipse Cruise, if I click on look for the number, the system retracts it but when I click continue error comes out in red letters, the same happens if I insert the number.

The Captain's Club number does not match the guest name on this reservation (or) if you feel this is an invalid error please Contact Support @ 877-200-2897 to correct this issue (or) clear the field in order to proceed.

I call Celebrity and they verify that the names match, and they inserted the number in the check-in so I can finish the process and print the X-press pass

Then I want to review the information and the number is deleted and the same error.

I called them again and now they send me with my travel agent.

All Other reservations I have the Captain Number is displayed correctly

I hate the Gremlins and that depending on the operator that answers the phone is the treatment you receive.

I had the same problem a year or so ago. Every time they made a fix is was ok in some places, but not in others. I finally spoke with a CC rep who knew the issue and she was able to get a permanent fix on my account. Apparently the CC # is stored in multiple data bases and there is one deep dark data base that is the final fix. Sorry I can't be of more help but rest assured, it is fixable with the right rep.

The Gremlins continue to multiply. Since yesterday, the website splash page doesn't have the Login/Register or other buttons. This doesn't affect all my browsers, just Safari. I do wish the IT group would start solving problems rather than create new ones. :mad:

I had the same problem recently (for the first time since I began booking with Celebrity in 2006). I was helped by a wonderful Captains Club rep with whom I spent nearly an hour on the phone while she tried to clean up all those gremlin records. Fingers crossed that it’s sorted for good, but it seems there’s a new issue every time they apply a system “upgrade” or patch. I strongly recommend calling an experienced captains club rep for the issue gerelmx, as I don’t think the reservation reps necessarily have the experience to recognize or resolve this issue. Good luck:)

Yesterday I called the club again, I did not have to wait to be attended :), The lady who answered me verified that the name matches the club and the booking and she agreed to insert the number in the reservation, this was automatically added to the check-in. Today in the morning I checked again to see if it had not been deleted as previously happened, the fix was well done :)

The gremlins were removed from my reservation

49 days to sail the Eclipse

I am really frustrated and I am going to leave this for peace, until I return from vacation I will reclaim my CC points.

Today I entered my check-in, there was a change in the credit card and what a great surprise the same problem:

The Captain's Club number does not match the guest name on this reservation (or) if you feel this is an invalid error please Contact Support @ 877-200-2897 to correct this issue (or) clear the field in order to proceed.

So I'm not me, what a great dilemma

Edited by gerelmx

I have a second name first G... second name A.... last name E....

If I understand what you are saying then that is a long term problem in Celebrity’s system.

For instance if your name is Pete Alan Smith Jr., the fourth name creates a mismatch between the booking reservation and the Captain Club system. One enters the Jr. has a fourth “name”and the other just tracks on the Jr in the same field as the last name. For instance “Smith Jr” as the last name.

I get around this limitation by making my DW the owner of the reservation on line using a sign in for her.

I am a little surprised that this has yet to be fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

Today while reviewing my activities for the cruise I realized that the No, CC was added to the reservation, check the Xpress pass and also the CC number is there :) :) This appeared only by magic. Now I am the same in both databases. :) :)

24 days to cruise

It's not just Celebrity. I had an issue with Qantas Airlines that never did get straightened out before the trip and remains to this day.

For some reason, when I was making and online booking, their system took my middle name Gene abbreviated it to Gen and converted it to my prefix and I was suddenly General Sargasso Pirate on the booking and my boarding pass.

Call after call couldn't get it fixed. I decided to just go with the flow, hoping that my new status might garner an upgrade. No luck.

To this day, I get promotions and emails from Qantas to General Pirate.

DW says they should change it to General Nuisance, but that's another story.