Baggage storage in Rome and Venice hotels

iujen94

Hello! We are taking our first European cruise in June - actually, our first trip to Europe ever! Because we haven't been there before, I'm curious about some things that are "normal" in the US. Specifically, we will arrive in Venice (our departure city) very early (9am) the day before our cruise. Check-in at our hotel is not until 2pm. Will most Italian hotels hold luggage before check-in? Similarly, our cruise ends in Rome at 6am, so we hope to be at our hotel in Rome (where we will spend 2 nights) by mid-morning. Would you expect that our hotel there might hold our luggage? I looked at the hotels' websites and didn't see anything specific - I wasn't sure if this was customary or an unusual request. If the hotels won't hold our luggage, any suggestions on what to do with our luggage so that we can start our sightseeing as quickly as possible? Thanks!

Almost all hotels will hold luggage for guests prior to check-in or after checking out, so no need to worry. (I won't say 'all' but in my travels I have yet to run across one that won't...)

Do think about any valuables you may have. If you leave them (along with your luggage), they should definitely be in a locked case. And if you are going to take something with you -- like passports -- be sure you have them secured (in a money belt, an inside pocket or something similar).