Suggestions of which itineraries from Australia / South Pacific

We've sailed a lot but never to the south pacific and looking for suggestions from those cruisers that have more experience sailing in that area. We are looking at next winter and limited to no more than 12 days.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I simply don't know very much about the different ports to decide. I just know I've always wanted to go there

We've sailed a lot but never to the south pacific and looking for suggestions from those cruisers that have more experience sailing in that area. We are looking at next winter and limited to no more than 12 days.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I simply don't know very much about the different ports to decide. I just know I've always wanted to go there

We're sailing then, 2 cruises, but one is 13 days and one is 14. The Explorer, South Pacific Islands, 2/15 and then on 3/8 the Ovation around New Zealand. Dh is retiring shortly and next year will be our 50th anniversary so we are splurging. And considering how long the flight is, 15 hrs from LAX, we are are planning on spending a lot of time down under. Remember when you make your plans the day/time differences and how long it takes to get there. Whatever you decide, enjoy.

I have sailed over to Sydney twice from the Westcoast. I would definitely find one that includes Papeete, Moreea and Bora Bora for your first time. Bora Bora is my favorite place I have ever been to.

I was looking forward to cruising on the Explorer from Sydney to Seattle (different ports) in 2019, but Royal cancelled the cruise.

I suggest you log in to royal plan a cruise , search cruise to south pacific ,as there is four royal ships sailing there plus many others . There are closed loop IE Sydney to Sydney via South Pacific possible in 12 nights but Trans Pacific , Sydney to Hawaii is 16 nights on Ovation , SIX yes SIX sea days before first port Papeete Tahaiti . Bigger than Texas ? Just a tad :)

Trouble (pete)

Our family did the South Pacific in 2014 and Moreea & Bora Bora were the most gorgeous Islands we had seen.The thing to remember if flying to Sydney, is to book your flights, actually two days before you plan to arrive . It takes 15 hours as mentioned from LAX to Sydney, so we wanted to arrive on March 17 so departed LAX on March 15. Ours was an 18 day as we went from Sydney to Honolulu.

We are looking at next winter and limited to no more than 12 days.d

‘next winter’ in Oz is summer! [emoji1]

There are quite a lot of shorter cruises out of Sydney -

South Pacific Islands, 7 - 12 nights;

New Zealand, 10 - 12 nights;

Tasmania, 7 - 9 nights;

Coastal Oz, 3 - 12 nights;

as well as short cruises to Asia, from Sydney.

Australasia’s your ‘oyster’! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the suggestions.... I wish we had more time. My husband employer doesn't even like him to take more than a week off, we will be pushing it to get 2 weeks. I really think we need 3 weeks to really enjoy the trip.

It will be difficult to fly to Australia, take a 12 day cruise, fly back and go to work. The 15 hour flights are difficult to sleep, the jet lag on both ends will be confusing. When we fly to the Philippines, a mere 13 hours from the west coast, we schedule nothing the first 2 days, just eating, sleeping, trying to adjust to a 12 hour difference in time. It was hardest the first time when we were younger.

I have sailed over to Sydney twice from the Westcoast. I would definitely find one that includes Papeete, Moreea and Bora Bora for your first time. Bora Bora is my favorite place I have ever been to.

I was looking forward to cruising on the Explorer from Sydney to Seattle (different ports) in 2019, but Royal cancelled the cruise.

We had the rug pulled out from under us on that cruise also, no way we were going to pay more than twice as much just to be on the Ovation