14 night Specialty Dining Package - Eclipse

Lotus Girl

Hi,

Looking for up to date information regarding the 14 night specialty dining package.

Can someone advise if it is purely dinner that is included or does it include lunch when the specialty restaurants are open for lunch?

I know the old ultimate dining package at $29 offered dinner & lunch.

The current wording on the Celebrity web site about the14 night dining package does talk about dinner or lunch but I'm unsure if you visit for lunch, that is counted as 1 of your 14 visits.

Thanks

Karen

It just includes dinner. Previously it was called "Ultimate Dining" in which like you said lunch was included and technically you could eat at multiple places for dinner in one night I suppose. Now it is just a dining package for a specified amount of dinners.

As I understand it, it is 14 MEALS, so if you ate lunch, you used one. This is not as good of a deal as the old ultimate package. Maybe i’m just cheap, but I wouldn’t want to spend as much on a lunch as a dinner...

I wish the ultimate was still offered :confused:

Why would you want a 14 night package -- there are only 4 restaurants -- Tuscan Grill, Maurano, Sushi on 5 and Qusine. The menu does not change from day to day at any of these restaurants. They are all nice, but it would get very boring in my opinion.

Why would you want a 14 night package -- there are only 4 restaurants -- Tuscan Grill, Maurano, Sushi on 5 and Qusine. The menu does not change from day to day at any of these restaurants. They are all nice, but it would get very boring in my opinion.

Personal choice, not boring in my opinion hence why I'm prepared to pay the extra. Better food on offer than the MDR, again my opinion! Thanks for your question!

Edited by Lotus Girl

The menus may not change, but you don't have to order the same item each time. There's more than enough variety to be able to keep me from being bored.

Hi Karen, Totally agree the 14 night deal is great value. As others have said you can use it either for a lunch at Sushi on five or on the occasion when Murano or Tuscan offer a lunch but the better value is for a dinner at any restaurant of your choice.

We are on the same Eclipse cruise as you and have already bought the 14 night package - we will eat in Murano every evening. Although the menu is the same and has been for many years, the Maitre’d will offer alternatives. We always bought the UDP but now buy the cruise length package and have done so for the last few years - fabulous it really makes the cruise special.

Hi Karen, Totally agree the 14 night deal is great value. As others have said you can use it either for a lunch at Sushi on five or on the occasion when Murano or Tuscan offer a lunch but the better value is for a dinner at any restaurant of your choice.

We are on the same Eclipse cruise as you and have already bought the 14 night package - we will eat in Murano every evening. Although the menu is the same and has been for many years, the Maitre’d will offer alternatives. We always bought the UDP but now buy the cruise length package and have done so for the last few years - fabulous it really makes the cruise special.

Great, thanks for the info. Glad to hear that the Maitre'd can offer alternatives. Steak Diane was something I'd read about asking for previously, if you give them enough notice, they'll have it for your next visit. We'll likely see you in Murano then but will likely have the odd night in Tuscan and the CC dinner in Qsine.

Karen

I am assuming there is more than one choice on the menu at each of these restaurants. We intend to have a 10 night package on iur upcoming cruise. The other 4 nights we will eat at the buffet . Not a MD fan i am affraid

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a prior poster indicated, the 14 night package is for 14 meals. You can use one of your meals for a specialty lunch, but then would need to have dinner in the buffet or MDR. We too used to purchase the ultimate dining package, so now purchase the dining package for the length of our cruise. IMO the specialty restaurants have better food, great service, and also allow you to eat when we want, which has enhanced our cruise experience. We've had steak Diane at Murano on our last 3 cruises. Yummy! Murano will also make boiled or broiled lobster if you ask. You may be able to snag a sale on your dining plan if you carefully watch your cruise planner.