Help with 3-4 day cruise - NCL vs RC vs Carnival?

aimcat

Hi guys, my husband, myself and our friend who has never cruised before have some time at the end of Feb and want to take a short cruise - getaway - vacation! There are only certain ships that will work for our days and here they are. I want to know which would be the best choice in your opinion? It has been a long time since we have done a short cruise or a smaller ship!

NCL - Sky - 3 day from Miami - Bahamas - 2 ports

RC - Empress of the Seas - Miami - Key West and Nassau (most expensive of the choices)

Carnival Sensation - Miami - Key West and Nassau

Carnival Liberty - 3 day from Port Canaveral - Nassau only

Any help is greatly appreciated!

If those are the only options that will work, guess I would go with Carnival Liberty. By far the newest,largest and with the most to offer. If it was any other Royal ship I would have gone with Royal. Carnival Sensation would be my last choice. Those older Fantasy class ships are just not worth it to me.

Would you still pick liberty although its only 3 nights and just Nassau? Sensation seemed like a better deal for about the same money and goes to Key West and Nassau but I dont know? My first cruise was on Carnival Fantasy and at the time thought it was so awesome but so much has changed since then, haha

We did this Sensation one a couple of years ago. We wanted to go to the Space Station in Cape Canaveral and then included this little cruise. The ship seemed fine - very clean and the service was great. The Liberty is newer, but for an extra port, I'd go with the Sensation. The Majesty is a cracker box. The Sensation got a make-over last year.

Hi guys, my husband, myself and our friend who has never cruised before have some time at the end of Feb and want to take a short cruise - getaway - vacation! There are only certain ships that will work for our days and here they are. I want to know which would be the best choice in your opinion? It has been a long time since we have done a short cruise or a smaller ship!

RC - Empress of the Seas - Miami - Key West and Nassau (most expensive of the choices)

Are you flying or driving? It's more expensive for us to get to port from MCO vs FLL (or even hauling from there to port of Miami

Would Tampa work for you?

I'd check reviews as to NCL's MDR

Would have no issue with either CCL ships other than the Liberty only having one port call.

Sounds like fun, enjoy!

I would rule out the Empress (old. little ship that RC has some serious b*lls charging a premium for) ... and also the Carnival Sensation (tacky old party barge .. ) ..

I would do the Carnival Liberty or NCL Sky.

My choice would be "Liberty". I cruised on her a few years ago and had a great time that I cruised her 3 times within five months. Definitely a lot more to do on that ship than the others. The shows were great, comedy was excellent. If you cruise more for the ship than the ports it's "Liberty" by far. A extra bonus is Port Canaveral, a much easier port to cruise in/out of. I have cruised NCL, Royal and Carnival and I'm not loyal to anyone in particular, but I would cruise Liberty over the other ships that you mentioned.

My Son and some of his friends took a three day Sky cruise. They are Platinum on NCL and like it. They said everyone on the cruise had a drinks package and the ship was loaded with inebriated people who were rowdy and many rude.

You find a different group of passengers on the short cruises.

Personally, I recommend at least a 7 day cruise.

I would do a 7 day as that is mainly what we do but we just have a few days and wanted a quick getaway and our friend has never been and wants to go and figure a short one is best for him to see if he enjoys it.

We have narrowed it down to basically Sensation or Liberty. They are the same price and for the same price wouldn’t an extra port and say mean more?

I went on RCCL Enchantment of the Seas back in May, visiting Nassau, CocoCay and Key West. I absolutely loved Key West personally and definitely recommend going there. Nassau can be very dumpy if you’re going to do a diy tour, or expensive if you go to Atlantis.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival Liberty is a great ship. I would pick it for all of the included dining choices and loads of things to do. If you have never cruised before, this ship gives you the best chance of actually enjoying your cruising. Second choice would be the Sky, if I wanted to party. Either way, enjoy.

• 2 months later...