Obc

readingfast

My understanding is that the OBC given by your TA is refundable, but a more seasoned / veteran cruiser may know for sure. I know that whatever Celebrity gives you is definitely NOT refundable, but I am not sure if all TA OBCs are refundable, or just on certain occasions. I believe that, if you have a combo of both, the non-refundable is deducted first so if you have any left over at the end of the cruise, you may have it refunded to your credit card.

Hope this helps; just wanted to respond b/c no one else had yet.

We have some OBC given by our TA.

What happens if we do not use it?

Is it refunded to the TA? our credit card? or, is it just lost?

I am sure we will spend it but, just curious.

Thank you

Yes. They will send you a check for any left over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

The credit given by a travel agency might be a “ pass - through “ from Celebrity and in that case would not be refundable. Or it might actually come out of the travel agency’s pocket and then it would be refundable to your credit card. You won’t know which is the case without asking the travel agent.

Alakegirl is correct; if the TA is passing on OBC coming out of Celebrity's pocket it will be non-refundable and lost if unused. If the TA is passing on a portion of their commission, it will be refundable and any unused portion would be refunded to your credit card. You can ask your TA or within a couple of days of boarding the OBC should be displayed on your account and you can see if it is coded as OBN (nonrefundable OBC) or OBR (refundable OBC) when you check your account from your stateroom TV.

When you board, you can check your account online and determine if the money is refundable or not based on its code. (be advised sometimes it takes a couple days for all the credit to show up, particularly from a TA) OBR is refundable. OBN is non-refundable. And if it is refundable they will credit the credit card account you paid with. I guess if you used cash you would get a check. If you have both kinds of credit and use some during the trip, they will use the non-refundable credit first.

When you board, you can check your account online and determine if the money is refundable or not based on its code. (be advised sometimes it takes a couple days for all the credit to show up, particularly from a TA) OBR is refundable. OBN is non-refundable. And if it is refundable they will credit the credit card account you paid with. I guess if you used cash you would get a check. If you have both kinds of credit and use some during the trip, they will use the non-refundable credit first.

This is extremely helpful - thank you! :)

Yes. They will send you a check for any left over.

Normally it's refunded to the credit card you used on board. Takes 3-5 days to get it refunded.

I suppose if you had a cash account set up and hadn't cashed it out, they would then refund with a check sent to you.

asked my ta if I would get a refund of credit she issued and she said yes. I think you may have to ask on the ship for the refund, it is not automatic.

If, as most do, your account is connected to a credit card for final settlement, then any excess refundable OBC will automatically be refunded to your credit card.

We have some OBC given by our TA.

What happens if we do not use it?

Is it refunded to the TA? our credit card? or, is it just lost?

I am sure we will spend it but, just curious.

Thank you

When you check your account on the tv in your room it will show OBC.

It will say OBC- R which means refundable if you don't use that amount

it will also show OBC-N this is the non refundable amount so spend away. If you don't use this amount it will be wasted

The will deduct the non refundable before using the refundable.

asked my ta if I would get a refund of credit she issued and she said yes. I think you may have to ask on the ship for the refund, it is not automatic.

Any OBC-R will be automatically refunded to your credit card on record if unused. It you want it back in cash they will give it to you at Guest Relations on the last evening of the cruise.