Did you know HAL has unlimited laundry for $7 per storeroom per day?

Ken the cruiser

Thank you both ... that’s good to hear.
Just as a side note when compared to laundry that comes back on Celebrity, HAL's is totally better. We were just on the Celebrety Eclipse and it was not uncommon for our non-wrinkle-free clothes to come back needing a little pressing whereas on HAL they all came back looking good.

Just as a side note when compared to laundry that comes back on Celebrity, HAL's is totally better. We were just on the Celebrety Eclipse and it was not uncommon for our non-wrinkle-free clothes to come back needing a little pressing whereas on HAL they all came back looking good.

Not to mention, Celebrity uses paper bags, not cloth. Not as easy to "stuff" without tearing. I've always said that the laundry perks on HAL are far better than Celebrity, where you have to attain a higher status before getting ANY kind of deal. It's why we limit our Celebrity cruises to 7 days whenever possible until we're higher up the loyalty chain. On our 11-day we had to pay laundry by the piece. Luckily we had OBC to burn. ;)

I wonder if the $7/9 and $20/30 is based upon your departure point. Doing transatlantic in April. My roommate called HAL, gave all info to rep, transatlantic then around the Med, and was quoted $7 per day, $20 per bag and $189 for entire 27 day cruise. She was also told we needed to sign up as soon as we board.

I wonder if the $7/9 and $20/30 is based upon your departure point. Doing transatlantic in April. My roommate called HAL, gave all info to rep, transatlantic then around the Med, and was quoted $7 per day, $20 per bag and $189 for entire 27 day cruise. She was also told we needed to sign up as soon as we board.

We were on a 26 day Mediterranean-Trans Atlantic cruise leaving from Venice and ending in FLL. Our by-the-bag laundry fees were $30 in the Med and also crossing the Atlantic. So, it might depend on your departure port.

I had been booking a cabin right across the hall from the laundry room, then discovered that if we booked a cabin 5 doors down it put us in a different category and we'd save $300. That's when I started getting the $7/day laundry package. And when I was on Voyage of the Vikings about four years ago it came to only $6 a day because there was a top limit for the trip of only $200 for the 35 days. After the early days of travel, group land trips as well as cruising and doing all laundry by hand I decided it was time to pamper myself. When you're spending thousands for a cruise I think that the amount for a HAL laundry package isn't that big a deal. I love it even more since I became 4* and get it free!

• 2 weeks later...
There will be a laundry bag with a price list in your cabin. The pertinant rates should be on the price list, but if not, you can confirm it with your steward or with Guest Relations. If you choose the daily rate ($7 per day for your cruise), then you will be charged for all the days of your cruise (a total of $49 for your 7 day cruise). You can't just pay $7 for one or two days. If you want laundry done just once or twice, you are better off doing the "by the bag" rate of $20 per bag.

Thanks for clarifying!! I was getting really excited!