Howl at the Moon

tef43

Howl at the Moon was one of my favorite things when I was on the Breakaway, and one of the things I am looking forward to on the Escape! I had never been to anything like it, so I have no basis for comparison, but it was totally fun. And I loved that unlike more formal entertainment, it was drop in.

I’m going to guess at good.

And you would be correct.

Two pianos, but three performers who rotated, so there were no breaks whatsoever. Most night that it was offered (it alternated with the comedians in the Headliners venue) it went nonstop from 8 pm to midnight and beyond.

• Like 1

And you would be correct.

Two pianos, but three performers who rotated, so there were no breaks whatsoever. Most night that it was offered (it alternated with the comedians in the Headliners venue) it went nonstop from 8 pm to midnight and beyond.

It was the same on the Escape - but I go to those in Nashville and was surprised that they followed the same format on the ship. Was really good!

Will there be a Howl at the Moon or anything similar on the Bliss? I don't remember seeing a description of a piano bar venue on the ship entertainment listings. Hope I am wrong as it is a great time and we really enjoyed it on the Escape and Getaway.

Generally, I've loved Howl at the Moon on board the ships I've seen it on. However, it is definitely one of those things that the quality depends on the participants. One of my cruises (I don't recall which one), I found it like fingernails on a chalkboard to watch and listen to. I just didn't like the performers. But, all-in-all, I like it.

Generally, I've loved Howl at the Moon on board the ships I've seen it on. However, it is definitely one of those things that the quality depends on the participants. One of my cruises (I don't recall which one), I found it like fingernails on a chalkboard to watch and listen to. I just didn't like the performers. But, all-in-all, I like it.

4 out of 5 cruises with Howl at the Moon have been amazing. The fifth was terrible. We spent about 45 minutes there the first night (wanted to see all three and let them warm up) and then I never went back. The other cruises, we were there for at least 12 of the 16 hours they played!

I was not thrilled with Howl at the Moon on the Getaway two weeks ago. One night 2 drunk passengers took over the show and they allowed that. The second night, they repeated material, a very long birthday rendition to a passenger. The same songs, the same jokes. They seemed like talented pianists but their voices were shrill. I did not care for the female performer, "Sparkles". I guess it does depend on the particulars of the week, and even the night.

• 1 month later...

So looking forward to this each night on my Escape cruise in April. When I was on the Epic three years ago I didn't discover Howl at the Moon until half way through the cruise. Had a great time each night so I'm hoping that my Escape cruise will be the same. If not then the Blackjack tables will be calling my name.

Been on 5 cruises now with Howl. 3 were good and 2 sucked. Just like the Howl at the Moon chain (and similar venues) on land, it all depends on who you get.

I agree been on Breakaway 4 times. 2 times great, 1 time good, and once real bad.

We will be on the Escape in April and hoping it will be great.

So looking forward to this each night on my Escape cruise in April. When I was on the Epic three years ago I didn't discover Howl at the Moon until half way through the cruise. Had a great time each night so I'm hoping that my Escape cruise will be the same. If not then the Blackjack tables will be calling my name.

It will probably be 4 nights. When you say “each night,” I wasn’t sure if you thought it was every night. It’s not, because it is held in Headliners, so it shares the space with comedy. Same as on Epic.

On Escape if you have a bad group, the piano player in The District Brewhouse is another option. On both our Escape cruises, the guys were a blast, and we forgot about Howl.

It will probably be 4 nights. When you say “each night,” I wasn’t sure if you thought it was every night. It’s not, because it is held in Headliners, so it shares the space with comedy. Same as on Epic.

On Escape if you have a bad group, the piano player in The District Brewhouse is another option. On both our Escape cruises, the guys were a blast, and we forgot about Howl.

Didn't know that! Thank you for letting me know. Also didn't know about the District Brewhouse. Will check that out as well.

• 3 weeks later...

ooohhh, the PBE in The District Brewhouse sounds good. Not a fan of Howl and didn't realize there may be a PBE on Escape...there's hope.

Howl at the Moon was one of my favorite things when I was on the Breakaway, and one of the things I am looking forward to on the Escape! I had never been to anything like it, so I have no basis for comparison, but it was totally fun. And I loved that unlike more formal entertainment, it was drop in.

I have seen it twice, both on the Epic. The first time i enjoyed it, the second time, it was really overwhelmingly loud and they had removed my favorite parts...