13 night---3 chic nights?

suamom

We will be on a 13 night European sailing. Will there be 3 Chic/Formal nights? We enjoy dressing up. How formal will those nights be on the Adriatic Sea agenda?

We usually sail 12-15 nights and always have 3 and we like to dress up as we do if going out for dinner at home! The cruises in Europe are more dressy I think, hubby doesn't take his tux anymore but takes a couple of nice jackets and shirts and ties, I now favour cocktail dresses but a lot is down to weight in the cases. Dianne

We will be on a 13 night European sailing. Will there be 3 Chic/Formal nights? We enjoy dressing up. How formal will those nights be on the Adriatic Sea agenda?

There should be 3 “Shabby Chic” nights

I’m British and having done 8 consecutive Celebrity cruises, have seen things go from bad to worse as far as dress is concerned.

When we had formal nights, people knew how to dress and how to observe a dress code. Now, anything goes. Passengers seem to delight in pushing the dress code boundaries and those who like to dress properly are now a very small minority.

European sailings tend to be slightly better as Europeans generally are better dressed than those from the US and Canada.

Celebrity have created a ridiculous situation for themselves and their customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are all about dress code. I know it should not bother me but it does. I hate seeing jeans in the MDR. Even teenagers w shorts at dinner drive me crazy. I know this is a controversial topic and I do not want to start an argument. Just my opinion.

Im excited for this sailing..cannot wait!

Thanks for all of the info!

We are all about dress code. I know it should not bother me but it does. I hate seeing jeans in the MDR. Even teenagers w shorts at dinner drive me crazy. I know this is a controversial topic and I do not want to start an argument. Just my opinion.

Im excited for this sailing..cannot wait!

Thanks for all of the info!

You do know that Evening Chic only applies to the main dining room. ALL other restaurants are smart casual and above. I do agree about shorts. We had dinner one evening outside at Lawn Club Grill. I asked about wearing shorts in the evening when I made the reservation. I was told shorts are fine. In the end I wore long pants.

I’m British and having done 8 consecutive Celebrity cruises, have seen things go from bad to worse as far as dress is concerned.

When we had formal nights, people knew how to dress and how to observe a dress code. Now, anything goes. Passengers seem to delight in pushing the dress code boundaries and those who like to dress properly are now a very small minority.

European sailings tend to be slightly better as Europeans generally are better dressed than those from the US and Canada.

Celebrity have created a ridiculous situation for themselves and their customers.

Disagree, the beauty of the dress code is that you can wear whatever you want, a tux or jeans. No one is stopping you, your choice. You should not be concerned about what other people wear as long as its within the dress code.

I wouldn't say Europeans are better dressed, but American and Canadian culture is more relaxed and for the main, dress codes are more casual in restaurants in USA certainly (I haven't visited Canada). So if a dress code policy on Celebrity states designer jeans - what defines as designer...the brand? The style? I have only cruised once on Celebrity since the introduction Evening Chic and this was only a 2 nighter. But there was a wide spectrum of attire - from dinners suits to jeans/polo shirts. Why is it a ridiculous situation? If formal evenings are important to you then maybe Cunard or P&O would suit your style of evening attire more.

I'm still looking forward to our 2 weeks on Silhouette and am pleased there is not the requirement to dress to the nines but to just dress smart.