MDR appetizers only?

erdoran

There are so many restaurants I want to try that I might do a progressive dinner one night - the noodle bar sounds awesome, and some of the MDR menus have appetizers that sound great, and I’m sure I could find something someplace else for the main course.

Do I have to go through the whole seating thing in the MDR or can I just hop in for appetizers and then leave? And is that going to take forever??

There are so many restaurants I want to try that I might do a progressive dinner one night - the noodle bar sounds awesome, and some of the MDR menus have appetizers that sound great, and I’m sure I could find something someplace else for the main course.

Do I have to go through the whole seating thing in the MDR or can I just hop in for appetizers and then leave? And is that going to take forever??

Sounds like a neat idea, but we wonder if the various restaurants will be able to accommodate you? The staff could be hesitant to sit you at a table with other people because you might arrive late and leave early and disrupt the meal for those at the table. How long you would wait to get a two-top for one when you probably can't specify an arrival time may be iffy too. Nothing ventured, nothing gained though. Worth a shot.

Sounds like a neat idea, but we wonder if the various restaurants will be able to accommodate you? The staff could be hesitant to sit you at a table with other people because you might arrive late and leave early and disrupt the meal for those at the table. How long you would wait to get a two-top for one when you probably can't specify an arrival time may be iffy too. Nothing ventured, nothing gained though. Worth a shot.

Ncl is like a land based restaurant, you only eat with your party. So the above does not apply.

Not sure what you are trying to say.

NCL does NOT sit you with anyone else. It is ONLY two-tops unless you really, really want to sit with someone else. The days of early/late seating with 10-top tables is long gone.

We have done a progressive meal on the Escape eating Tapas, Food Republic, and MDR.

NCL does NOT sit you with anyone else. It is ONLY two-tops unless you really, really want to sit with someone else. The days of early/late seating with 10-top tables is long gone.

Our last two cruises (Regent and Seabourn - the latest one in January) had shared tables (as well as other tables of most any size you request) which they are pleased to offer as a nice option for solo travelers who want to be social. We are sorry, and we should have done our homework, but we assumed some other cruise lines do the same.

Our last two cruises (Regent and Seabourn - the latest one in January) had shared tables (as well as other tables of most any size you request) which they are pleased to offer as a nice option for solo travelers who want to be social. We are sorry, and we should have done our homework, but we assumed some other cruise lines do the same.

Silver Sweethearts, you can join other tables.

NCL does also do sharing tables for those who wish to share. If the host/hostess doesn't ask if you want to share, just tell them you'd like a sharing table. You will be seated only with others who have also asked to share. My husband and I often do a sharing table on NCL.

NCL does also do sharing tables for those who wish to share. If the host/hostess doesn't ask if you want to share, just tell them you'd like a sharing table. You will be seated only with others who have also asked to share. My husband and I often do a sharing table on NCL.

I did not realize that NCL offered this! I’ll need to check into it on my next solo cruise in a few weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How long you would wait to get a two-top for one when you probably can't specify an arrival time may be iffy too.

Unless you arrive at a VERY busy time then, on NCL, you wont have to wait for a 2 top as they have lots of them, unlike another cruise line I could name!!!

Also they only put you in a share situation if you ask or accept their offer.

you can sit alone or share, it is up to you. Yes, you can just order an appetizer and then wander off to another restaurant for your entree, etc. Remember though, the 2 MDRs have the same menu so I am not sure you would be gaining anything by doing the progressive thing except you can eat part of your meal at one time, them finish say, a few hours later.

Some do, but not NCL.

Some do, but not NCL.

Not true! NCL does offer sharing tables. If the host/hostess doesn't ask if you want a sharing table, then you let them know you want to share. You will be seated with others who also want to share. We have done this on all of our NCL cruises.

Not true! NCL does offer sharing tables. If the host/hostess doesn't ask if you want a sharing table, then you let them know you want to share. You will be seated with others who also want to share. We have done this on all of our NCL cruises.
You are correct, they do. But in the context of Silver Sweethearts posting, it is the exception rather than the rule. Our last trip, the 2-tops were all taken, while the larger shared tables sat empty.