How do you keep track of family members while on the ship?

Dall

Your question seems to be based on an assumption that there is some reason why somebody would need to keep track of other passengers. (Family members?) Most of the replies have directly or indirectly questioned that assumption. It really would help, OP, if you could explain who the Other Passengers are and why you feel like keeping in touch. Then realistic strategies could be suggested.

I totally agree, as I have no wish to keep track of anyone else and certainly do not want other passengers on a cruise ship keeping track of me, especially if I am going to be gambling, or shopping, or drinking, or singing karaoke, or if I am traveling with teenagers, or my mother-in-law.

I also don't want anyone contacting me to complain about my sweet and lovable emotional support penguin being in the pool every day.

(For those of you who keep asking how and where I got him, it was on a South America cruise, where you can take an excursion and easily pick one up for yourself, at no additional charge. I would suggest not choosing a king penguin though, unless you have a large suite.

Passengers should have no problem bringing them into the dining room, even on chic nights, as they are always formally dressed so they never violate the dress code. But I digress...)

Getting back on topic, I must admit that there are always exceptions so there may sometimes be a good reason to keep track of family members, other than stalking them.

Sometimes important situations will arise under time critical circumstances where you really need to contact them.

A prime example would be calling friends and family members to alert them on days when the oceanview cafe has their favorite ice-cream flavor, so they can hurry up there to get some before it is all gone. clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Does Celebrity have a phone plan for keeping in touch with other passengers? I thought I read that there is a cruiseline that offers this.

Your question seems to be based on an assumption that there is some reason why somebody would need to keep track of other passengers. (Family members?) Most of the replies have directly or indirectly questioned that assumption. It really would help, OP, if you could explain who the Other Passengers are and why you feel like keeping in touch. Then realistic strategies could be suggested.

Just guessing that your Other Passengers are family, I will say from my own experience that I know my family and can pretty well know where they will be and what they will be doing without a whole lot of anxiety. Worst case if we don’t connect beforehand, they will probably show up at the table in the MDR at the appointed time.

OP asked a very simple question that requires a very simple yes/no answer. Why such a snarky response? :confused:

We used walkie talkies when the kids were ages 10-13 or so when they weren't in any kids programming. Then we'd have them check in. Once they hit high school--we expected them to check in a couple times a day... They had a curfew at night to be in their cabin (which we checked on) As adults (over 18) we have dinner together and do excursions (some together- some different)

Too many replies have twisted the original question of "keeping in touch with ......" into "keeping track of..."

I don't keep track of anyone I'm cruising with, but I was interested in where my kids were at times when they may have been late for meeting or something else so IM through facebook was nice for that. Now we use the unlimited internet and IM to just touch base with others in our party (not only the person we are sharing a cabin with) for things like meeting up at a bar, telling others about a great event/music you came across while walking around, or some other general reason.

It’s a good question, and I appreciate seeing people’s ideas. We are traveling with our kids, age 17 and 20. Of course I want to be able to communicate with them on board. We may decide to attend an event on board and would like to see if the kids want to join us. If they get tied up somewhere and are running late I may want to know if they are still joining us, should I wait for them or go on along. I don’t want to spend vacation time wandering the decks where I think they may be to find them. I’m not sure why this is an issue with some posters.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Too many replies have twisted the original question of "keeping in touch with ......" into "keeping track of..."

I don't keep track of anyone I'm cruising with, but I was interested in where my kids were at times when they may have been late for meeting or something else so IM through facebook was nice for that. Now we use the unlimited internet and IM to just touch base with others in our party (not only the person we are sharing a cabin with) for things like meeting up at a bar, telling others about a great event/music you came across while walking around, or some other general reason.

Realized I made a mistake and couldn't get back to edit my post. The point I was making was due to content in the actual post from the OP, but I realized later the title of the thread used the phrase "... keep track of..." Sorry I've accused some of you of twisting the question.