Anyone on Allure recently and can plz explain how to checkout pool/beach towels?

anne13

Why does that shock me? I'm trying to imagine staying at a nice resort and being asked for my room key to get a towel that I cannot take back to to my room but rather have to check back in. Feels a bit like the throwback of a dime to use the facilities at White Castle! And I didn't frequent White Castle...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 2012, we stayed at an AI in Cancun. When we checked in they gave us a "towel card" for each person in our room. If you want a towel, you go to the pool station, hand in your card, they give you a towel. You can exchange towels all you want or turn in your towel and you get a card back. When you check out, you give your towel cards back or you get charged.

Didn't really work well. They'd run out of cards at the towel station so they'd simply write your room number down. I still don't know how, but while we started with 5 cards, we finished with 11.

In 2012, we stayed at an AI in Cancun. When we checked in they gave us a "towel card" for each person in our room. If you want a towel, you go to the pool station, hand in your card, they give you a towel. You can exchange towels all you want or turn in your towel and you get a card back. When you check out, you give your towel cards back or you get charged.

Didn't really work well. They'd run out of cards at the towel station so they'd simply write your room number down. I still don't know how, but while we started with 5 cards, we finished with 11.

That cracks me up! I think NCL may have this one figured out with towels in you room when you arrive and managed like your bath towels, although towel exchange is available at the pools and ports, no sea pass cards are involved. I'll have two teens with me. Trying to decide what that will add to my overall cruise cost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly true.

But some of the questions asked are very basic things that you find out as you go. No need for prior knowledge.

There is no secret places, events, activities, etc. They let you know.

The need to over-plan ever moment of your trip is crazy

Save some surprise for when you get on the ship.

Who wants to spend the week on a strict schedule?

Why can't you just scroll on by. No need to comment and belittle people over every question just because you already know the answer. It's very easy for most to simply not click the reply button and move onto the thread that interests them instead of putting others down in what is supposed to be a community. She never said anything about a schedule...never said anything about over planning. She wanted to know what the process was like...if she found it to be cumbersome then she could choose to bring her own towels. That's her choice and she should be able ask the question with out the negativity. Maybe she did a google search...maybe this is where it led her.

OP...there will always be trolls...which is baffling to me because we are all supposed to be here because we have a common interest...so ask what you will. Some people find the towel process a pain. It's not really. Check out, exchange, check in. Check your account to make sure you are not erroneously charged for one. They are always easily available by the pool, they are by the gangway when exiting the ship on port days...though I usually already have my towel before I get to the gangway so I don't have to do that while getting off the ship. Happy Sailing!

Why can't you just scroll on by. No need to comment and belittle people over every question just because you already know the answer. It's very easy for most to simply not click the reply button and move onto the thread that interests them instead of putting others down in what is supposed to be a community. She never said anything about a schedule...never said anything about over planning. She wanted to know what the process was like...if she found it to be cumbersome then she could choose to bring her own towels. That's her choice and she should be able ask the question with out the negativity. Maybe she did a google search...maybe this is where it led her.

OP...there will always be trolls...which is baffling to me because we are all supposed to be here because we have a common interest...so ask what you will. Some people find the towel process a pain. It's not really. Check out, exchange, check in. Check your account to make sure you are not erroneously charged for one. They are always easily available by the pool, they are by the gangway when exiting the ship on port days...though I usually already have my towel before I get to the gangway so I don't have to do that while getting off the ship. Happy Sailing!

Thank You

Looks like a few long time posters/cruisers (5K,10K Club) think they own the CC boards just like those of their ilk think they should own all manner of decorum aboard ship. Short-sighted, if it wasn’t for new posts, what would these saps have to do all day?

Looks like a few long time posters/cruisers (5K,10K Club) think they own the CC boards just like those of their ilk think they should own all manner of decorum aboard ship. Short-sighted, if it wasn’t for new posts, what would these saps have to do all day?

Posters should not be discouraged from asking questions. We all learn from all those helpful answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love cruising but the one thing I hate is checking towels in and out. I understand why it is done and it does provide a few jobs.

I do not take towels from chairs EXCEPT when mine is stolen( like if I am in the pool or hot tub)

But-to answer the towel question: I have been on a lot of RC ships. Sometimes you check out towels and sometimes you don't. It changes.

I do recommend getting fresh towels late afternoon for the next day if you have an early excursion in port. You can have it packed and not worry about getting on way out. Sometimes they run out of towels and you have to wait.

Just the cheap C&A variety

Suite guests can get them up on 17 sundeck.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Maybe I didn’t understand your previous post then.

So they trust P’s to turn in their towels? If so, doesn’t that mean they don’t trust anyone else?

Maybe I didn’t understand your previous post then.

So they trust P’s to turn in their towels? If so, doesn’t that mean they don’t trust anyone else?

Beats me, just sharing

BTW, I guess they trust suites as well

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That’s probably a mistake on their part. [emoji23]

We have no Royal towels at home.

If I remember right they are not signature Royal towels.

Just plain sea blue towels.

We would need extra storage space and weight to get them home.

I feeel like if I leave them on the ship they will be there when I got back for my next cruise.