OMG Eye Popping!!!

kruisey

Have not looked at cruises for a while. I thought I would take a short trip while in UK.Southampton round British Isles returning Southampton 12 day trip. in September 2019.

Single pricing inside cabin in Canadian dollars.......now the eye popping experience over $6000.00 Can.........? That is $500 per day without gratuities and extras.....WOW. Times sure have changed.:eek:

Wow, I'm doing the longer version as a Grand Adventure Sept. 2019 for 25 days, paying that much for double amount of days, Dublin to Ft. L. However, I dropped 3 days, starting in Dublin instead of Southampton because those 3 days as a single were going to add over a grand to my price. It was already close to 7,000 from Dublin.

Have not looked at cruises for a while. I thought I would take a short trip while in UK.Southampton round British Isles returning Southampton 12 day trip. in September 2019.

Single pricing inside cabin in Canadian dollars.......now the eye popping experience over $6000.00 Can.........? That is $500 per day without gratuities and extras.....WOW. Times sure have changed.:eek:

The last couple of years Princess BI cruise bookings and pricing have really been soft, with the CB or Crown doing the BI, so this year Princess moved the Royal to the BI, and put the Crown and Emerald in the MED hoping to firm up the BI pricing with a Royal class ship

Will the high prices hold ? Only time will tell, but my bet is that by May, the current BI prices will drop by at least 25%

Srpilo

I did not book our cruise around the British isles last August until the end of June. The prices at that time were a lot better. I was especially happy that Princess's EZAir had affordable flights for us at the last minute. $6,000 Canadian is almost as much as we paid for our entire trip, including the flights, gratuities and onboard spending, excursions, and four nights in England before the cruise.

I could not understand that pricing but look it up its over $3000 each for a couple inside cabin.

September 2019.Could it be anything to do with Brexit and the Pound Sterling that Princess is charged with?Prices are a way cheaper on this side of pond.

Like all cruise lines and resorts, they price the trip according to what the market will support. With two ships sailing the BI the market was soft so Princess had to discount the rooms to fill the ships. Now with only one ship and reduced room inventory Princess can try to charge more. Some cruises I have seen them drop the price several times to fill the ship and on others they held the price. We are currently booked this fall on the CB which has been beaten up severely on these boards of late and is experiencing minor propulsion problems such that it has scared a lot of pax. I book when the cruises first come out and then watch the price fluctuations/sales. I got a significant price reduction early last month and now the price has gone down even more. So tomorrow I will be on the phone with Princess to take advantage of the new price saving even more money. I think maybe it would be good to start a bashing session on here of the ships I will be on next year to reduce the price. :rolleyes:

We were fortunate enough to do the British Isles cruise on Royal Princess in 2015. We booked about 6 weeks before sailing and got a great deal £699 each in a balcony cabin plus $75 each obc!

The last 2 summers I havent seen any late offers on this cruise.

Dont expect we will be as lucky again but live in hope. [emoji568]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Doing DCL cruise to the 7 day British Isles this year (Woot)! Booked the first week the cruise became available in a balcony for under $5000.00 including port fees. The same cabin is now $7775.00. We compared the British Isle cruises with other cruise lines including Princess and we couldn't beat the DCL price so we booked this trip. The prices might fall as final payment date comes up and people cancel on some cruises but the British Isles remain popular.

Doing DCL cruise to the 7 day British Isles this year (Woot)! Booked the first week the cruise became available in a balcony for under $5000.00 including port fees. The same cabin is now $7775.00. We compared the British Isle cruises with other cruise lines including Princess and we couldn't beat the DCL price so we booked this trip. The prices might fall as final payment date comes up and people cancel on some cruises but the British Isles remain popular.

The Disney Cruise i think you are referring to is 7 nights with 4 ports, the Princess is 12 nights with 9 ports.

One gets off $200 when one signs in for being a regular customer but this is still $6000 equals $500 per night just for cabin for 12 days.....We all complain at pricing at times but this one really got me............:eek:

You'll find bookings for the same passage sold in the UK more expensive than sold

elsewhere because of the UK's consumer protection laws. Ditto for the EU.