7-Day Drink Package

I believe it’s well worth it although not sure if my belief is strictly financial, I like the fresh squeezed OJ , specially coffeee with a shot of bailey , plus some wine a after dinner shot and a few other throughout the day

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where do you get the fresh squeezed OJ?

DH and I have the drink package. We are going on a 9 day cruise with only 4 port stops. We got it on sale so we only have to spend $40 per day each. That will be easy especially when you have drink during the day, one before dinner, wine with dinner and a cappuccino after dinner, then a drink sometime later in the evening, then add the water, soda, specialty and coffees. Not to mention we tend to drink a few more on the first two days because we are in party mode before we settle into vacation mode LOL . Factor in the not having to pay for anything at the end of the trip - the beverage package for this cruise is priceless!! :D:D:cool: :D

on the oasis we got ours in the vitality cafe and cafe promenade. There never seemed to be anyone ordering anything in the vitality cafe so it's a great choice.

We will be going on the oasis in may and was wondering if the park cafe and vitality cafe have fresh squeezed orange juice all day. I love fresh squeezed orange juice and vodka and don’t imagine any of the bars have it??

We will be going on the oasis in may and was wondering if the park cafe and vitality cafe have fresh squeezed orange juice all day. I love fresh squeezed orange juice and vodka and don’t imagine any of the bars have it??

Yes, it did seem to be available all day :)

Grab a fresh squeezed OJ then a shot at a bar to add to it and you're good to go :)

I can understand people buying the package if they will drink enough to break-even or even more, or even for the convenience factor that some write about. Or perhaps they plan to share?

What intrigues me is the 'I don't want to have a bill at the end even if i don't even break even' philosophy. Why does paying out the money up front make it better than at the end? It's the same money?

People will write that now the package is too expensive or you have to buy for both, I'll show RC and drink a lot less?? So they are happy to drink a lot more, but only up to some tipping point of cost?

If your average gas bill for you car was $50 per week & your local gas station offered a deal for all for fuel for a year (no sharing) for $2600 would people jump in and pay $2600 for gas a year in advance so they don't have to pay each time? Would they drive around for no apparent reason to "get their money's worth"?

I can understand people buying the package if they will drink enough to break-even or even more, or even for the convenience factor that some write about. Or perhaps they plan to share?

What intrigues me is the 'I don't want to have a bill at the end even if i don't even break even' philosophy. Why does paying out the money up front make it better than at the end? It's the same money?

People will write that now the package is too expensive or you have to buy for both, I'll show RC and drink a lot less?? So they are happy to drink a lot more, but only up to some tipping point of cost?

If your average gas bill for you car was $50 per week & your local gas station offered a deal for all for fuel for a year (no sharing) for $2600 would people jump in and pay $2600 for gas a year in advance so they don't have to pay each time? Would they drive around for no apparent reason to "get their money's worth"?

I wouldn't enjoy drinks if I was deciding before each one if I wanted to pay $16 or not (I operate in Canadian $). By pre-paying, I remove that stress from the equation and order what I like. I suspect I'll come out even or ahead with the package financially, but mentally I'll be stress free.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes they would, not driving around for no apparent reason, but they wouldn't hesitate as much to go on road trips or weekend drives.

Its actually been scientifically proven to be the case for hybrid and electric car owners, they feel they contribute less emissions and actually end up driving more. So I would assume the same would be about gas principle.

... What intrigues me is the 'I don't want to have a bill at the end even if i don't even break even' philosophy. Why does paying out the money up front make it better than at the end? It's the same money? ...

I don't understand that psychology either.:confused:

Although I am not one of these people, I think it comes down to budgeting. I know a lot of people who setup their vacation on payments ahead of time so that when they get home they don't have a large credit card bill. Essentially they treat the bill for the vacation as a savings account, once the vacation comes they are emptying the savings account. The end result would then be no debt at the end of the trip.

I agree. I've never understood that also.

If you think you'll barely break even, use the money you'd spend on a drink package to get OBC. There, no charge at the end of the cruise.

In the recent sharing thread, someone made the comment "If I get a drink I don't like, I can dump it out and the bartenders won't care." Guess what, they don't care if you dump a drink whether you have a package or not. And how many drinks are you getting that you don't like?

"Well, I'm not wasting money if I have to throw a drink away". But unless you get enough drinks over the length of the cruise, you're wasting money.

"I don't have to sign anything". There's been reports (and it's happened to me) of folks with drink packages needing to sign at times (even though the slips are $0).

If you're one of those who will drink enough to save money with a package, I say go for it. All the other excuses are just that.

(Perhaps) an odd question here, and at this point, I'm sure I'm being far too specific, but here goes anyway. My wife hardly drinks much in the way of adult beverages, but will occasionally have a mudslide from time to time. If I order the deluxe package for myself, and the refresh package for her, will she still be able to PURCHASE a few adult drinks along the way with her sea pass? I'm assuming that wouldn't be a problem, but like to make sure before making a final decision. TIA

I agree. I've never understood that also.

If you think you'll barely break even, use the money you'd spend on a drink package to get OBC. There, no charge at the end of the cruise.

In the recent sharing thread, someone made the comment "If I get a drink I don't like, I can dump it out and the bartenders won't care." Guess what, they don't care if you dump a drink whether you have a package or not. And how many drinks are you getting that you don't like?

"Well, I'm not wasting money if I have to throw a drink away". But unless you get enough drinks over the length of the cruise, you're wasting money.

"I don't have to sign anything". There's been reports (and it's happened to me) of folks with drink packages needing to sign at times (even though the slips are $0).

If you're one of those who will drink enough to save money with a package, I say go for it. All the other excuses are just that.

It is a mental thing, and the all inclusive feel. That is worth something to some people. Last cruise, both my wife and I had the package. She did better, I probably broke even. I enjoyed buying drinks to try, that there is no way I would have ordered if I had to pay because I am pretty picky and don't drink often. I debated getting it again, but decided not to this time. Since I don't have, I won't drink near as much, I can't bring myself to pay for a drink I have no idea if I will like.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

(Perhaps) an odd question here, and at this point, I'm sure I'm being far too specific, but here goes anyway. My wife hardly drinks much in the way of adult beverages, but will occasionally have a mudslide from time to time. If I order the deluxe package for myself, and the refresh package for her, will she still be able to PURCHASE a few adult drinks along the way with her sea pass? I'm assuming that wouldn't be a problem, but like to make sure before making a final decision. TIA

Yes, she can purchase all she wants.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

She will have no problem ordering (and paying for) drinks that are not included in her Refreshment package.

I'm a UK cruiser and I never book a drinks package

For 6 night and above the free drinks package is obligatory during the current 2018 promotional period.

We booked our June 2017 cruise on Freedom in October 2016 and we had to take it as it was in with the price.

As D+ we don't drink much outside of lounge happy hours so weren't happy about the drinks package.

For 6 night and above the free drinks package is obligatory during the current 2018 promotional period.

We booked our June 2017 cruise on Freedom in October 2016 and we had to take it as it was in with the price.

As D+ we don't drink much outside of lounge happy hours so weren't happy about the drinks package.

I booked my 12 night Baltic cruise for June 2018 in May 2017 - no drinks package included in the price we paid

I booked my 12 night Baltic cruise for June 2018 in May 2017 - no drinks package included in the price we paid

Thats because you booked early before the free drinks package promotion.

The March 2017 brochure was a lot cheaper than the November 2017 brochure for worldwide cruise holidays 2018/2019.

When we can confirm with our works holiday charts like the case i mentioned the free drinks package is on promotion.