Crown Grill Steak Questions

MsSoCalCruiser

Great! I wish I would have known about that. Last time we ate at Crown Grill, the wife wasn't feeling well and could only take a few bites of her steak. We never considered boxing it up and taking it as we couldn't warm it up later. So we let them take an almost full steak away.

I'll remember that if it ever happens again. Thank you!

I'm assuming you have them warm up the steak in the buffet, right?

I was unable to finish my medallions in the MDR, and asked if I could take the rest back to my cabin for a bedtime snack. The waiter said it was against the rules, and they could not allow that.

I was unable to finish my medallions in the MDR, and asked if I could take the rest back to my cabin for a bedtime snack. The waiter said it was against the rules, and they could not allow that.

That's funny as they do wrap up desert for us to take out. Maybe I'll have to hide it in my jacket instead...:D

If we end up going, I'm going to try the lamb chop(s) as that looks like a smaller entrée and something I normally don't throw on the grill at home...

DH often orders the lamb chops, and he's never been disappointed in them.

I have been to the crown grill several times and have always ordered either the filet mignon or the ribeye steak. Each time I tell myself I'm going to order something different but I never do. I know this steak is massive but has anyone here ever ordered the porterhouse? Was it tender and juicy? Also, what is a sterling silver beef chop? What cut is that?

Oh my, I just noticed that my favorite appetizer is no longer on the menu. We loved the scallops. What's up with that?

Sounds like we eat the same thing- I'm hoping your not right about the scallops!

I always get the filet but on the last sailing my friend and I got the Beef chop while my husband stuck with the filet. My beef chop was amazing. So, so much food but boy was it good. All 4 of us actually ordered it the time meal we had in there, this time I had them put the mushrooms and onion on the side. It was very good.

I ordered it Philadelphia style.

I think next week I'm going to see if they will do the filet blackened philly style.

I've had all kinds of inconsistency in Crown Grill. I'm OK with it, I'm looking forward to going back a couple times on our cruise, next week. One thing that I find helps me get the preparation that I like is to specify "blood rare." I also look the server in the eye when I say that to make sure that he/she knows that I am quite serious.

I have ordered the beef chop. I'm pretty sure it is similar, if not identical, to a cut called Tomahwk Steak. Check the picture, here:

https://greatbritishmeat.com/recipes-and-tips/miscellany/what-is-tomahawk-steak

I have been to the crown grill several times and have always ordered either the filet mignon or the ribeye steak. Each time I tell myself I'm going to order something different but I never do. I know this steak is massive but has anyone here ever ordered the porterhouse? Was it tender and juicy? Also, what is a sterling silver beef chop? What cut is that?

Oh my, I just noticed that my favorite appetizer is no longer on the menu. We loved the scallops. What's up with that?

On our recent Hawaii cruise, DW and I dined at the Crown Grill. DW and I both ordered 32 oz. bone-in tomahawk porterhouse steaks. They were prepared per my request, Pittsburg style Black and Blue. Perfect char outside, and blood rare inside. Perfectly cooked and delicious. Both steaks were juicy and tender. I was told that the steak was prepared sous vide. I ate mine, and about 3/4’s of my DW’s steak for a total of about 56 oz. of pure beef heaven. ;)

Enjoy your cruise. And the Crown Grill if you are a true carnivore who loves steak and chops. :)

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Can someone tell me what the beef chop is?? Is like a "chopped sirloin" i.e. a large chunk of ground meat albeit good ground meat?? On Regal in a couple of weeks and have meal booked in the Crown Grill.

Many thanks for any assistance!!!

This is a steak which has many different names but I know them as “Spencer Steaks” or Prime Rb steaks. It is simple as they are just a slice, with the bone, of what you would call a prime rib roast cooked as a steak. We also used to make them when we had people who wanted well-done while everyone else wanted rare. We would roast a 10-12 pound roast rare, cut it into steaks and finish on the hot grill, seasoned. Makes more end cuts per roast too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To all of you who responded to my question on "beef chop" thank you so much. I am so glad I recently discovered the Princess thread and the roll call. Both have been very helpful and indeed my wife and I got $100.00 OBC credit each because of what I learned here!!!

Found the thread interesting and somewhat enlightening. So what on earth is a "beef chop" since that is not a normal term that describes a but of beef. We have visited many steakhouses around the USA, but have never seen a "beef chop" on any menu. As to filet mignon, it's DW's favorite steak but one of my least favorites because of the lack of flavor. Steak lovers actually argue (just like Oenophiles) about which cut of steak is the most flavorful and you get many opinions. Ribeye is certainly popular (for flavor) as is a Porterhouse (or it's T-Bone cousin).

But I wonder what a butcher would say if you came into his shop and asked for 2 "beef chops." Technically he could probably give you any cut he pleased...as long at it included a bone.

Hank

Has anyone had the lamb chops? What are your thoughts on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lamb served in the Crown Grill comes from New Zealand. The one time I tried it, I thought it tasted kind of gamey. YMMV.

I enjoy the Crown Grill’s 32 oz. tomahawk porterhouse beef steak prepared Black and Blue..

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

We regularly order the Porterhouse and every one we have gotten has been tender and juicy and cooked perfectly. This last cruise to Hawaii, I ordered the Filet Mignon on our second visit to the Crown Grill with the Tiger Prawns (extra $10) and it was fantastic! This was on the Grand. But our favorite is the Porterhouse!

Bon Apetit!

The beef chop is an oversized bone in ribeye...and it was delicious!![emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app