balcony cabin vs junior suite cabin

Not sure of the total cost. Just asked my TA to look into it today. It is an 8 day cruise.

Well, to figure if it's "worth it", cost is an important factor. For example, if the cost is $50 total, I'd jump on it. If the cost is $5000, I'd pass.

Just looked at prices for your cruise and cabins are cheap that week! Less than $3,800 for 3 in a JS is a great price but so is $2,400 for 3 in a balcony. I normally wouldn't go from a balcony to a JS for that much more, but would have to think about it since it is such a good price, especially with $300 OBC with the JS.

Whats the difference between the two other than one is a little bigger? Is it worth an upgrade to a Jr. Suite if there are 3 of us in the cabin? Any extra perks?

Thanks,

There are a few extra perks but not the same perks that come with a full (grand or better) suite. The JS does get you priority embarkation (first day), coffee maker in the suite, about 50% more space than most balcony rooms, upgraded bathroom amenities, bigger bathroom with tub and dinner at Coastal Kitchen. The last is subject to availability.

We did get a really good deal on the cruise when we booked. We got 2nd guest 1/2 price and the 3rd was like $591. Our total for 3 in the balcony, gratuities included plus post night for the 3 of us at The Le Parker Meridien Hotel was $3891.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just looked at prices for your cruise and cabins are cheap that week! Less than $3,800 for 3 in a JS is a great price but so is $2,400 for 3 in a balcony. I normally wouldn't go from a balcony to a JS for that much more, but would have to think about it since it is such a good price, especially with $300 OBC with the JS.

An extra 8 C&A points and a bath.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

We did get a really good deal on the cruise when we booked. We got 2nd guest 1/2 price and the 3rd was like $591. Our total for 3 in the balcony, gratuities included plus post night for the 3 of us at The Le Parker Meridien Hotel was $3891.

Pricing is around $2,400 for 3 in a balcony when I looked. Add $348 for gratuities and whatever one night at the hotel would be and it looks like balcony pricing is down now too. Have your TA check pricing on your balcony and a JS so you get the best deal.

Well, to figure if it's "worth it", cost is an important factor. For example, if the cost is $50 total, I'd jump on it. If the cost is $5000, I'd pass.

Hijacking question - just a little - on a 8 night cruise, would you do the upgrade to a Jr Suite Guarantee for $600 from a Hump Balcony ?

Forget it - its after final payment - so that price is most likely only for New Bookings........oh well.

Edited by CTCruiser76

Hijacking question - just a little - on a 8 night cruise, would you do the upgrade to a Jr Suite Guarantee for $600 from a Hump Balcony ?

Forget it - its after final payment - so that price is most likely only for New Bookings........oh well.

That's about right at my limit. If it was Oasis or Allure, I'd be more motivated because I dislike the layout of the balcony staerooms.

I just did this about 45 days out from the cruise and after final payment. I called and asked if I could move to the suite guarantee and they didn’t hesitate taking more money from me to do that! [emoji6]

A JS is more like a hotel room than a cabin. It's bigger, and nicer. The bathroom is a bit larger, because of the tub. Most have lovely walk-in closets! The balcony is wider, because the cabin is wider! It's a very comfortable way to cruise! Plenty of floor space! We've been in cabins where only 1 person can walk at a time....not fun!