Sewage smell and buffet??? Large group ready to cancel!!!

capitalbarry

It has not been fixed as of March 3 our rooms smelled so bad had to sleep with the balcony doors open the whole trip so sleeping was rough temps 90s this was hands down the worst cruise I have ever been on. They did offer me 25% refund I told them not good enough considering they knew about the smell from the first sailing and have yet to fix the problem and they just keep sailing on like nothing is wrong. My wife and daughter actually slept out on the balcony a couple nights because the smell was so bad. Me I would have to say this ship is a health risk

I'm stuck on how 2 people managed to sleep on the balcony. Did you use the chairs or did you move the beds?

It has not been fixed as of March 3 our rooms smelled so bad had to sleep with the balcony doors open the whole trip so sleeping was rough temps 90s this was hands down the worst cruise I have ever been on. They did offer me 25% refund I told them not good enough considering they knew about the smell from the first sailing and have yet to fix the problem and they just keep sailing on like nothing is wrong. My wife and daughter actually slept out on the balcony a couple nights because the smell was so bad. Me I would have to say this ship is a health risk

I have read through the whole thread and this puzzles me somewhat, the ship sails at around 20/21 knots overnight but there is no mention of your wife and daughter being covered in sea spray and salt from sleeping on the balcony ?

I talked a large group into joining us on the Seaside. Everyone is reading reviews and wants to cancel. Any word if the sewage smell can be corrected. Also, this is a very casual group - all eat at the buffet 3 meals a day. If the dinner buffet does not start getting better reviews, I have no hope of saving this group. I really hope MSC is reading the reviews. I'd love to try this ship. We have been on more than 55 cruises. It would be nice to add another line to the list.

We are booked to go in April BUT some friends who are experienced cruisers just returned and said the food AND service in the Dining Room was TERRIBLE! They did enjoy the entertainment, however.

We are booked to go in April BUT some friends who are experienced cruisers just returned and said the food AND service in the Dining Room was TERRIBLE! They did enjoy the entertainment, however.

We found the service in the MDR to be excellent. A couple of my dishes not so good but the majority fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruised 2/17 - 2/24, and we would have to say after 14 previous cruises, we should have known that when the majority of CC posters have such negative comments....go with your gut!!

This was one and done for us, that is for sure! We had cabin 11180 Fantastica on deck 11 starboard, and the sewage smell was daily and very bad!

Unfortunately, I became very ill from the second day on and had to spend a great deal of time either in our cabin or in their medical hospital....never even got to see the islands.

The medical staff were absolutely wonderful, were able to keep me somewhat comfortable until we disembarked in Miami where they had an ambulance waiting for me.

Since we only ate one meal that first day in their MDR it was fine.

We have previously cruised on Carnival, Celebrity, Princess, and RCCL and have loved every one of them. We just thought that we would try something different and fly to the east coast also.....from now on we will stay with the ones that work!!

We feel that we were treated as second class citizens as most of our fellow cruisers were European and we are Americans. MSC will have to do something different to cater to everyone....not just Europeans.

Beautiful ship if you like very, very, very modern decor.

The fee for their cruises vs our other cruises were very close.

Never, never, never again for us on MSC!!!!!

If you fell very ill from the second day on spent much time in the cabin or medical facility, why so adamant about not sailing with MSC again? You said they treated you with your illness very well. What was it that deserved your "never never never again" notion? What was your illness from? Did they poison you?

Tallnthensome...

To answer your rather harsh question of "did they poison you?"....As I had already mentioned in my previous post the medical team were wonderful and did their very best for me with the equipment that they had on board.

I developed a partial blocked upper bowel obstruction the result of some major surgery in 2013 that left a lot of scar tissue that will have to be surgically corrected....very painful and very uncomfortable.

As to our main reason for never venturing on another MSC cruise again, if you had read my entire post, it was the 90% attention to Europeans vs 10% attention to Americans.

This had a great deal to do with their food selections and food availability. Their staff were very pleasant and tried their best for us and others as we observed.

Please keep in mind that we were not the only ones that had this opinion.....we spoke to many other Americans with the same experiences on board.

We knew before we booked with MSC that this company was trying to break into the American cruise market, which is a wonderful idea, we just think that they need or needed to do a lot more homework...our opinion for sure.

MSC is just not for us......

Food and service in the main dining room was great! No complaints at all from my wife or I. I honestly can't figure out how these people are having such negative experiences on a wonderful ship!

Tallnthensome...

To answer your rather harsh question of "did they poison you?"....As I had already mentioned in my previous post the medical team were wonderful and did their very best for me with the equipment that they had on board.

I developed a partial blocked upper bowel obstruction the result of some major surgery in 2013 that left a lot of scar tissue that will have to be surgically corrected....very painful and very uncomfortable.

As to our main reason for never venturing on another MSC cruise again, if you had read my entire post, it was the 90% attention to Europeans vs 10% attention to Americans.

This had a great deal to do with their food selections and food availability. Their staff were very pleasant and tried their best for us and others as we observed.

Please keep in mind that we were not the only ones that had this opinion.....we spoke to many other Americans with the same experiences on board.

We knew before we booked with MSC that this company was trying to break into the American cruise market, which is a wonderful idea, we just think that they need or needed to do a lot more homework...our opinion for sure.

Never at any time did I feel like a second class citizen or that any groups were being treated any differently. I personally believe MSC did a great job of treating everyone as equally as possible.

Food and service in the main dining room was great! No complaints at all from my wife or I. I honestly can't figure out how these people are having such negative experiences on a wonderful ship!

Totally agree. We had a fantastic time and are booked again for April. What some need to understand is that it is an European ship/cruise line trying to break into the American market by including some "American" ways onboard, but will always be first an European cruise.

We really enjoyed our sailing and our sailing on the Divina in Sept during hurricane Irma and can't wait to be back onboard the Seaside. This is after 23 NCL sailings

Safe sailing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Tallnthensome...

So basically what you are saying is the food wasn’t American enough?

People are sailing on an Italian ship, if its more American food that people require then there are plenty of other cruise lines that they can choose from.

Which is largely what PP said and is now getting dressed down for.

I’m so glad I canceled our June MSC cruise. I only open a Seaside thread from “Trending” about once a week, but they haven’t gotten much better than when I cancelled two months ago.

What isn't "American" enough for people with the food? I'm from rural Minnesota and would consider myself a meat and potatoes guy who isn't adventurous when it comes to food. I had no problem finding delicious options to eat every night and really thought the steak was tasty. I also enjoyed some of the Italian dishes and thought the deserts were good as well.

I don't get it! The officers were very professional, and treated us with the upmost respect, and the staff speaks "DOLLAR" very well.

And the food, well, the food was from Sysco. I see the their trucks every week at POM.

Cheers.

I didn't think it wasn't American enough. I think the food was basically the same as almost every other cruise ship I have been on.

People are sailing on an Italian ship, if its more American food that people require then there are plenty of other cruise lines that they can choose from.

It's an Italian ship...but the Seaside has no Italian Restaurant. The food selection is pretty standard.

I didn't think it wasn't American enough. I think the food was basically the same as almost every other cruise ship I have been on.

But it’s an Italian ship so why should it be American food?

But it’s an Italian ship so why should it be American food?

But it is the same food as any other ship.

I really dont get the whole "European" aspect that people are talking about? What's European about it?

But it is the same food as any other ship.

I really dont get the whole "European" aspect that people are talking about? What's European about it?

I can only compare it to Divina, but the original poster is saying the food is not American enough and you are saying it is the same on every ship? So what are they not happy with?

I can only compare it to Divina, but the original poster is saying the food is not American enough and you are saying it is the same on every ship? So what are they not happy with?

I have no idea what they are not happy with. The food is just like all the other 35+ cruises I have been on, with a very few variations.

Everytime I hear someone refer to the "European style" of the cruise, I have to scratch my head?