Pizza - leftovers or to-go from Alfredos?

Wishing on a star

I have taken food out of the MDR for a sick DW to include main course and dessert. They have always volunteered to box up any of the birthday cake to take back to the stateroom. Our waiter simply gave me the main course with the cover on it and I walked out of the MDR without any problem. This was when we were using TD. In ATD they may not be as willing to let you do it.

Can't understand why not.

In the brochures everyone is smiling and laughing so they must be pleased.

They are also all younger and more fit than most of the passengers I've seen. Marketing. Bah. I'm certain that one is not "supposed to" take food out of the Alfredo's venue. They likely won't tackle you if you try but I tend to stick to following "the rules". Boring, I know.

• 3 weeks later...
Excuse me. It was a serious outbreak of Noro. You are correct about the buffet as it would be virtually impossible to stop everyone, but they were NOT allowing food out of the seated dining rooms. No signs, but enforced.

I saw a few taking food out last week.

No sneaking required.

They even wrap it for you.

We were told that the dining rooms don't like their dishes to be taken out of the immediate area.

If you think you might want to carry something away, you could pack a small "to go" container OR go to the buffet, grab a plate (put it in your Princess bag), go to the dining venue of your choice and put the food on the plate and walk out. Might be a good idea to cover it with a napkin.

I think I've seen mention here of plate covers that collapse.

We've only taken desserts out from the MDR. Waiter gladly wrapped it in foil. And it was the head waiter at that since we were in a bit of a hurry (plus it opened up a table for 4.) So, maybe they only do it for desserts?

We've only taken desserts out from the MDR. Waiter gladly wrapped it in foil. And it was the head waiter at that since we were in a bit of a hurry (plus it opened up a table for 4.) So, maybe they only do it for desserts?

I tried to do this years ago and was stopped and told I couldn't do it. It was at lunch in the dining room.