Live from the Seaside 17th February

nikkiw60

Nikki ... Wish I had known before your cruise what you were planning, there as you may know by now better things you could have done.

Sorry to hear your day was not so good.

Ah well stuff happens!

More importantly where’s our prosecco and chocolate strawberries?????

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now for last nights food etc just for information I had the steak from the always available bit, I asked for rare and it was I couldn’t finish it Though as was a bit big for me.203800d2764b122bfcbcdeb390e82e21.jpg41648e78e2b292b1452f70836237c89e.jpge029518d92635d9310074f9998a90e9d.jpgd3e215cb5b2050d107378eb7f92a0bda.jpg6180c4ae2317ddc172883ba1f0072c1e.jpg

What night was this for you? This looks like a good night for us to make reservations at the SteakHouse... Thank you

Nikki ... Wish I had known before your cruise what you were planning, there as you may know by now better things you could have done.

Sorry to hear your day was not so good.

Hi Sidari

We've booked the Pirate Schooner to Turtle Cove through MSC when we dock with MSC next month. We've been to St Thomas a few times and last time on our honeymoon we did a Pirate thing quite similar and enjoyed it but it was with Royal Caribbean.

Given you seem to have some good knowledge of St Thomas and MSC, is this tour good or should we think about doing something else?

Many thanks

Laura

Okay a NEGATIVE coming up!!!

Not the best day in ST Thomas!

We booked through MSC the Peaks Pirates and Plunder tour.

Biggest waste of money ever!

You got taken to the top of the Island for the Peak bit, then comes the Pirate bit

4d9399c699e44b5105a3310f406b70bf.jpg

Assume the Plunder is this gift shop at the top of said peak?c43999398ce7a77a8ddb925dd0449604.jpg

We then got dropped off in the main shopping area about an hour later approx 10.30 and was told there was a boat back to ship at either 12 noon or 1pm!

Absolute waste of money and time on the island!

Also was a pain being harassed at every shop we walked by!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more. Did the same one on Divina last November.

Only difference is we didn't get too harassed as many shops werent yet open after the hurricane. I think we were the 2nd or 3rd cruise ship in afterwards.

Tbh this was our first time in St Thomas and i personally couldnt see the appeal. Its apparently the most popular island for cruise ships?

Maybe im missing something?? Im not a shopper particularly and dont enjoy seeing one shop after another basically all selling the same stuff.

Our son and his gf took a shared taxi to Magens Bay and said it was ok. I think for me though if we happened to call there again i will stay on the ship.

Tbh this was our first time in St Thomas and i personally couldnt see the appeal. Its apparently the most popular island for cruise ships?

Maybe im missing something?? Im not a shopper particularly and dont enjoy seeing one shop after another basically all selling the same stuff.

Our son and his gf took a shared taxi to Magens Bay and said it was ok. I think for me though if we happened to call there again i will stay on the ship.

So glad to see someone else who didn't enjoy St Thomas. I really can't see the appeal and I'd certainly stay onboard, too, if I'm ever on a ship that has it as a POC again.

Okay a NEGATIVE coming up!!!

Not the best day in ST Thomas!

We booked through MSC the Peaks Pirates and Plunder tour.

Biggest waste of money ever!

You got taken to the top of the Island for the Peak bit, then comes the Pirate bit

4d9399c699e44b5105a3310f406b70bf.jpg

Assume the Plunder is this gift shop at the top of said peak?c43999398ce7a77a8ddb925dd0449604.jpg

We then got dropped off in the main shopping area about an hour later approx 10.30 and was told there was a boat back to ship at either 12 noon or 1pm!

Absolute waste of money and time on the island!

Also was a pain being harassed at every shop we walked by!

LOL I guess we all do this excursion when first time on island. :') I stoped doing excursions in Caribbean ports after our first cruise . Waste of money and time . Only good one we had was on Grand Cayman -Hell, Swim with Stingrays , turtle farm and rum factory (one excursion).

Now for last nights food etc just for information I had the steak from the always available bit, I asked for rare and it was I couldn’t finish it Though as was a bit big for me.203800d2764b122bfcbcdeb390e82e21.jpg41648e78e2b292b1452f70836237c89e.jpge029518d92635d9310074f9998a90e9d.jpgd3e215cb5b2050d107378eb7f92a0bda.jpg6180c4ae2317ddc172883ba1f0072c1e.jpg

What night was this for you? This looks like a good night for us to make reservations at the SteakHouse... Thank you

Tuesday night.

Nikki ... Time To go and see the VC rep. Hope the rain stops soon.

Is the Skyride open yet or Senior Frogs ?

The cable car was open not sure about Senor Frogs we got off ship early and didn’t walk past it on way back.

So glad to see someone else who didn't enjoy St Thomas. I really can't see the appeal and I'd certainly stay onboard, too, if I'm ever on a ship that has it as a POC again.

Dare I say it I actually like Nassau....

When we did St Thomas last year we had something to eat before boarding at the smoke house in port and my St Thomas memories are if there!

Fabulous live music and honey butter!

Hi Sidari

We've booked the Pirate Schooner to Turtle Cove through MSC when we dock with MSC next month. We've been to St Thomas a few times and last time on our honeymoon we did a Pirate thing quite similar and enjoyed it but it was with Royal Caribbean.

Given you seem to have some good knowledge of St Thomas and MSC, is this tour good or should we think about doing something else?

Many thanks

Laura

MSC or RCL does not matter because they all use same excursion providers from island. I would not do Pirate Schooner to Turtle Cove because I don't see it any attractive but it's me . I would just get a taxi and go for nice beach day .

Before I forget one for the ladies!

Be carful on the highly polished floors!

I went flying last night ! Got a bruise on my knee!

Thank god I didn’t drop my wine glass!

It’s in areas where two different floor surfaces join!

Couldn't agree more. Did the same one on Divina last November.

Only difference is we didn't get too harassed as many shops werent yet open after the hurricane. I think we were the 2nd or 3rd cruise ship in afterwards.

ST.Thomas famous for beaches and shopping (not for me any more) . Don't stay on ship just go by taxi to any of the beautiful beaches

Dare I say it I actually like Nassau....

I've only been to the Caribbean twice, and neither time included Nassau, nor is it on our itinerary next year to the Caribbean. Having read so much - mainly negative - about it, I'd love to see it for myself.

Of the few islands we have visited, we really enjoyed St Maarten. We had the most wonderful tour guide who gave us a fantastic day out.

The views from the high points are amazing in St Thomas. We enjoy those, but even better are the ones from St. John. If at all possible, bring your snorkeling equipment, and hire a 4x4 for the day. Visit the isolated forests and coves in St. John, drop in in a local grocery store or café, it makes for a great outing. All this if cruise ship schedule allows.

Cheers.

Before I forget one for the ladies!

Be carful on the highly polished floors!

I went flying last night ! Got a bruise on my knee!

Thank god I didn’t drop my wine glass!

It’s in areas where two different floor surfaces join!

You were very lucky not to have done more damage. I did a similar thing on another ship - I missed the step down in one of the MDRs and went flying forward on my hands and knees - OUCH!

Have to say two things here about St. Thomas! One good, one not so good 1) We did a wonderful private jeep tour last time with Island Buddy. Can't say enough good things about them. They will take you where you want to go or you can follow their lead and just get shown around the island with someone else to do the driving while you sip on rum punch. They also go to St. John if you prefer or have been to St. Thomas multiple times. Going to do that next time. 2) Watch out for vacation clubs who try to lure you in with a free gift. I have never been approached while in town so not sure if this is something pretty new or not. My senior parents just purchased and I feel like they were taken advantage. They spent $5000, and it is not a timeshare so they own nothing.

Wonderful review Nikki. Thank you for dedicating so much of your time. Love the menu's and food pics! Hope you are having a memorable wonderful time.