AARP gift card question

teague38

AARP announced 8/16/18 that they were discontinuing e-gift cards. All that’s available are regular gift cards that come either snail mail if $400 or less, or UPS signature required if $500 or more.

AARP announced 8/16/18 that they were discontinuing e-gift cards. All that’s available are regular gift cards that come either snail mail if $400 or less, or UPS signature required if $500 or more.

That's sad. I don't live in US, so no more egiftcard for me

Thank you TexEm

I keep trying to purchase and the site says my card was declined. However, I get an alert from my credit card company saying there was a charge or hold.... Capital One Alert: A chrge or hold for $1351.77 on August 31, 2018 was placed on your MASTERCARD WORLDCARD () at REWARDS REDEMPTION. Std carrier chrges apply....

Anyone else had this issue? My addresses match

I keep trying to purchase and the site says my card was declined. However, I get an alert from my credit card company saying there was a charge or hold.... Capital One Alert: A chrge or hold for $1351.77 on August 31, 2018 was placed on your MASTERCARD WORLDCARD () at REWARDS REDEMPTION. Std carrier chrges apply....

Capital One is notorious for having problems with AARP gift cards. I don't have a cute solution for you except maybe try a different card, if possible. Cap One will tell you its AARP's fault, AARP will tell you it is Cap One's fault.

Capital One is notorious for having problems with AARP gift cards. I don't have a cute solution for you except maybe try a different card, if possible. Cap One will tell you its AARP's fault, AARP will tell you it is Cap One's fault.

Thanks! I do feel it's the websites doing and not capital one but nonetheless I will use a different card

If you buy the actual gift cards and have them mailed to your house can you not just apply them to your cruise before hand? I have only paid my deposit so far. Is the gift card not an approved form of payment on their website?

If you buy the actual gift cards and have them mailed to your house can you not just apply them to your cruise before hand? I have only paid my deposit so far. Is the gift card not an approved form of payment on their website?

You can pay your cruise fare with gift cards, yes. You can buy anything Carnival has to offer with the gift cards. You cannot however preload them to your sail & sign account online. You have to wait until you're on the ship or at the terminal to do that.

You can pay your cruise fare with gift cards, yes. You can buy anything Carnival has to offer with the gift cards. You cannot however preload them to your sail & sign account online. You have to wait until you're on the ship or at the terminal to do that.

That's way too 21st century for Carnival! But we can dream of loading our expense account with gift cards online some day :D

With all the cost savings Carnival seeks one would think they would do this. It would reduce the number of people at guest services/and or the port having to load gift cards for people.

I had this problem. Not capital one. It was because my purchases wouldn’t go through due to a p.o, box for my credit card and they won’t deliver to a p.o. box. Had to monkey around with my credit card account address to get it to work. Every time it failed, a pending charge hit my credit card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had this problem. Not capital one. It was because my purchases wouldn’t go through due to a p.o, box for my credit card and they won’t deliver to a p.o. box. Had to monkey around with my credit card account address to get it to work. Every time it failed, a pending charge hit my credit card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had a charge problem also and the hold fell off a few days later. I tried to change addresses and had a problem. Now I just ship it to my house and then log onto UPS account (free) and have the delivery rerouted to a nearby UPS store because they always come when I am at work. Also Deluxe rewards said they would send an email with tracking info but they never did. Having the UPS account took care of this problem also. They will hold package at UPS store for 7 days so it is convenient to pick up those pesky 500 dollar gift cards :D

Can these be used to pay for the cheers package? I also want to make sure I understand, you have to go to guest services to redeem the cards...has anyone ever had an issue with the cards not being validated. I know there are times I have tried to use Visa gift cards at places and they won’t work.

Can these be used to pay for the cheers package? I also want to make sure I understand, you have to go to guest services to redeem the cards...has anyone ever had an issue with the cards not being validated. I know there are times I have tried to use Visa gift cards at places and they won’t work.

You can use them for cheers. I have never had a problem using these either pre-cruise or on-board. If you want to check them before you go, you can always do "Check my gift card balance" on the Carnival website.

I have never tried to use the Visa gift cards on board so I am not sure about that.

These questions have been asked and answered sooo many times in this thread. Here's the info again: yes they have to be redeemed at guest services and no there should absolutely be no issue doing so. In 4 cruises, I've never had a problem.

You can also redeem them in the port when you check in. I've never had success redeeming them at the kiosk even though there is an option to load gift cards at those machines. It's never worked for me. A quick trip to guest services is your best bet. And yes you can use them to buy cheers or for any other Carnival related expense.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

You can use them for cheers. I have never had a problem using these either pre-cruise or on-board. If you want to check them before you go, you can always do "Check my gift card balance" on the Carnival website.

I have never tried to use the Visa gift cards on board so I am not sure about that.

Thank you

These questions have been asked and answered sooo many times in this thread. Here's the info again: yes they have to be redeemed at guest services and no there should absolutely be no issue doing so. In 4 cruises, I've never had a problem.

You can also redeem them in the port when you check in. I've never had success redeeming them at the kiosk even though there is an option to load gift cards at those machines. It's never worked for me. A quick trip to guest services is your best bet. And yes you can use them to buy cheers or for any other Carnival related expense

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I apologize for trying to get clarification on how they work and if anyone has had issues with them. But this board was titled AARP gift cards and I had not read anything specifically talking about paying for Cheers or problems with the cards. :( The way they are with the alcohol programs who knows.

I apologize for trying to get clarification on how they work and if anyone has had issues with them. But this board was titled AARP gift cards and I had not read anything specifically talking about paying for Cheers or problems with the cards. :( The way they are with the alcohol programs who knows.

Try to buy cheers before you leave, it’s cheaper...then just pay on line with the card