Specialty Dining pkg costs

Poconolady

We have always sailed in Aqua Class and have really enjoyed Blu. We are considering picking up a repositioning cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver on the Solstice, and Aqua is sold out. I have trolled thru the Celebrity website but cant seem to find a price for the specialty dining packages, without a booking number. Does anyone know the cost of of the packages? This is a 12 night cruise, but we would probably want an 8 night pkg.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have always sailed in Aqua Class and have really enjoyed Blu. We are considering picking up a repositioning cruise from Honolulu to Vancouver on the Solstice, and Aqua is sold out. I have trolled thru the Celebrity website but cant seem to find a price for the specialty dining packages, without a booking number. Does anyone know the cost of of the packages? This is a 12 night cruise, but we would probably want an 8 night pkg.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Specialty dining package prices:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7423

Edited by BEAV

I am considering booking our first Celebrity cruise next February on Silhouette. Having only previously cruised on Viking Ocean I am confused about Celebrity's procedures and am trying to research it all.

Thanks to these Boards I think I now understand the beverage packages and will evaluate whether to buy the Classic Package or go a la carte. My husband and I are beer and wine drinkers, so it looks as if glasses of wine run about $9-10 each.

I am confused as to the Dining packages though. Do the Specialty restaurants have different prices and if so, is there some place I can see what the prices are?

I noticed a previous poster included a link to a list of dining packages, beginning with 3. Are these the number of nights you can dine at a speciality restaurant - i.e. 3 nights. With this package can you go to any of the speciality restaurants?

Is it difficult to get seats in a specialty restaurant? Must one make a reservation?

Any other tips you can share are greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Lynn

I didn't get a definitive answer to a previous question regarding dining packages, so maybe you can help me. I've read where others "negotiated" a cheaper package price once onboard. Can someone shed some light on how this is done?

Do I simply ask the person offering a package if they can do better on their package pricing?

Do I stuff a $20 bill into their hand and say "How you doing" and then wink, while gesturing to the price list?

I didn't get a definitive answer to a previous question regarding dining packages, so maybe you can help me. I've read where others "negotiated" a cheaper package price once onboard. Can someone shed some light on how this is done?

Do I simply ask the person offering a package if they can do better on their package pricing?

Do I stuff a $20 bill into their hand and say "How you doing" and then wink, while gesturing to the price list?

The package prices are generally never further discounted to my knowledge (when buying on board). Our experience has been negotiating special pricing for a single visit by inquiring of the Maitre'd either that day, or a day in advance. No "greasing their palms" or winks necessary. I've learned from these boards the Specialty Restaurants have sales goals for each cruise, which paves the way for staff to negotiate in order to achieve those goals. This is more the case on longer cruises than shorter where you have a greater number of nights the restaurants need to be filled.

Reflection recently had a sale about three months before our sailing. I think it was a further 20% off the dining packages. We bought the 9 dinner package for $209/ person.

What is the length of your sailing? Nice deal ... comes down to an average of $23 per night.

Question: We have $200 obc from Celebrity and $275 from TA.

Thinking it would be best to wait to buy the dining package on board; but fearful they could be sold out or even cost more once on board. This is a caribbean cruise.

Understand the TA's obc is sometimes refundable? Not sure how that's done. Does the ship give me cash on the last night?

or what? If that were the case, I'd go ahead and book the dining packages now using my cc and wait to get a cash rebate on board.

Unlikely we'd use all the obc as we have the free drinks/tips already.

Hopefully I've made my question clear and look forward to your answers.

Thanks!

Question: We have $200 obc from Celebrity and $275 from TA.

Thinking it would be best to wait to buy the dining package on board; but fearful they could be sold out or even cost more once on board. This is a caribbean cruise.

Understand the TA's obc is sometimes refundable? Not sure how that's done. Does the ship give me cash on the last night?

or what? If that were the case, I'd go ahead and book the dining packages now using my cc and wait to get a cash rebate on board.

Unlikely we'd use all the obc as we have the free drinks/tips already.

Hopefully I've made my question clear and look forward to your answers.

Thanks!

I don't know of a case where dining packages are cheaper when buying on board than in advance. Any unused refundable OBC is credited back to the credit card on file for your on board account at the end of the cruise.

Discounts are not always offered. If the specialty restaurants are in high demand you can not expect to get a discount. On the Solstice there are only three restaurants which is fewer than on other S class ships. If you prefer not to dine in the MDR I suggest you purchase the dining package in advance of the cruise as there is no guarantee that packages will be offered on the cruise. I have never seen an additional discount to the package price once on board.. If someone has experienced this good for them.

Discounts are not always offered. If the specialty restaurants are in high demand you can not expect to get a discount. On the Solstice there are only three restaurants which is fewer than on other S class ships. If you prefer not to dine in the MDR I suggest you purchase the dining package in advance of the cruise as there is no guarantee that packages will be offered on the cruise. I have never seen an additional discount to the package price once on board.. If someone has experienced this good for them.

Solstice has 4 specialty restaurants: Murano, Tuscan Grille, Silk Harvest and Sushi on Five. All four can be used with the package.