Ovation boarding

Ned49

On 2/20/2018 at 8:00 AM, Ned49 said:

just checked in for upcoming cruise with Ovation, there doesn't seem to be any advantage in being a Diamond. Our boarding time is 2.30, we arrive in Sydney at 9 so could be a long day. Is this the new "norm" or just Ovation? Thanks for any help.

This time check in was different.no people with iPads but a line of counters like a airport.

Suite guests and crown&anchore members were directed to a express line. I t was a big time savings as the line was long.

54 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

This time check in was different.no people with iPads but a line of counters like a airport.

Suite guests and crown&anchore members were directed to a express line. I t was a big time savings as the line was long.

What time of the day was that?

I'm going on my first RCI cruise on Explorer ots on Thursday. balcony, not a suite and no Crown and Anchor. The cruise booklet said boarding any time 11.30 to 5:45. Got an email the other day now 2.00 to 4 45. Could this be related to the routine on Ovation?

1 hour ago, cme2c said:

I'm going on my first RCI cruise on Explorer ots on Thursday. balcony, not a suite and no Crown and Anchor. The cruise booklet said boarding any time 11.30 to 5:45. Got an email the other day now 2.00 to 4 45. Could this be related to the routine on Ovation?

No..nothing to do with the Ovation..these check in times are given as a guide and most guests are checked in and on board ( give or take a hundred and fifty or so) by  3pm so once again, if you want to, pick a time that suits you and try that . A lot of times the lines are a bit longer around midday and depending on the day really early is often good. You will not be sent away unless there is some " unforeseen" delay.

1 hour ago, cme2c said:

Yes and No. It is likely to do with a later boarding period due to a deep clean (Noro).

IME, you are best off coming a little after lunch on any embarkation, ( after 1.30pm) and you don't have to worry about all the crowds, but in this case perhaps closer to 3pm may be a better time.

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So met graham,nice fellow.he said he was expecting a female.

No  I said I was "hoping"  you would be a female ..after your comment of liking a man in uniform who exerts his authority  😱😱 Nice meeting you by the way