Back to back discount

39august

While booking an Eclipse cruise on board on RCI ship, I inquired about the X discount for back to back cruises. None of the future cruise sales staff had every heard of it. When I returned home, I called X and asked if it could be applied now. First person said he knew nothing about it or my request for the Elite one category up-grade pricing. Had to be switched to some other department. That person didn't know anything about either. She put me on hold numerous times to consult with her "support staff". After many "holds' I finally got a reduction in price which supposedly included the back to back discount. Is there actually a $50 per person per segment for back to back cruises as I have read on this board? Or after all that run around, did I only get the price for a 1B on my 1A cabin? We are new to Celebrity and would like to know as much as possible about rates, discounts, etc. Thanks for any input.

What is the length of your cruise? You should get $50 per cruise, not per person for the B2B on a 7 day. On longer cruises, you get $100. Also, if the price drops and you are not yet at final payment date, you should get that too but you do have to phone and ask.

Enjoy your cruise.

"39 august". We have always received a B2B discount for all of our B2B cruises. On our upcoming 24 March and 31 March 2018 Equinox cruise each leg of the B2B cruise is 7 days. We received a $50.00 discount for each leg (not per person) of the cruises. $100.00 total. The discounts have always been listed on our invoices.

Edited by davekathy

Celebrity is not great about combining discounts, especially if it is a group booking. And I have also found that not all the onboard booking agents are the most knowledgeable but I have found a few really good ones in the past.

As for any of their discounts and perks, none are guaranteed for each and every sailing but you might find someone that seems to know how to get you everything that is coming to you. The one category upgrade is pretty much general knowledge ... but as mentioned, I've seen sailings in which it doesn't apply. I've booked a few B2B sailings and even travel agents haven't been so forthcoming with that perk.

The best way to get all the discounts and perks coming to you would be to go to a very reputable travel agent. There are some really good large ones that I've used in the past that seem to be able to work wonders. You have a certain time frame in which you can transfer your booking to one of these agencies (it's either 60 or 90 days) and you can still keep your OBC for your onboard booking in most cases.

Never take the word of a Travel Agent if they tell you that you cannot get a B2B discount. It's not true. My agent may or may not have been told that it existed, however, the agent insisted that I could not the discount. I picked up the phone and called Capts Club Desk. The answer of course was YES it is available to you. In addition I was told by my agent that I could use a Future Cruise Credit in the total amount of 300.00. That to was false. In both cases I had to make the calls myself. Again I don't know if the bogus info is coming from Celebrity or not. I could have lost 500.00 that I was entitled to if I had just shrugged my shoulders and said OK. I need a really good agent that will fight for everything that I am due from Celebrity. I wish we could exchange that info!!!