“LIVE” from the Allure of the Seas - 2/25

niksmom630

Thank you for your review. So happy to see what the Allure has in store for us. We are 80 miles west of Chicago. Our cruise is not until May 20th. I had my 2nd toe 3rd week of January and just got my boot off the other day. Ditched the boot after a long six weeks. Felt like I was lugging around a brick all day.

4b703437c2becf66fee906fc63625f97.jpg

Trying photos ....

ce618dd828051f28533579fd862ab234.jpg70f8a8cd8a2ba27ab33faf993d8de1f1.jpg

Refueling so no smoking allowed on the outside deck! [emoji51] it opened up again around 2:30

66006bd0dbb032e12d73d0c3dc9eca22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on the Navi in December and there was a man smoking in the NO smoking area. I informed security who was nearby regarding.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your cruise with us. How was the piano player in Schooners? Safe travels. Hope your foot feels better.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! Sorry, I don’t recall seeing the piano player.... I was mostly in that area in the afternoon. They hold trivia there...

Thanks for the review Chris - and safe travels home! [emoji8]

Dan.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

Thanks, Dan!

did you ever hear why all the ambulances? We were on the Liberty and saw them take 3 people off and then, late in the afternoon, they took another person off.

My husband saw the first three people go off in the morning, and I saw a fourth later in the afternoon....

On day 5 I watched a frantic mom and dad run down the hall with their little one, who was crying, and they had a towel wrapped around his head....[emoji53] I was thinking about that little guy the whole trip... hope he was okay.... never saw them again, but my husband said none of them were children....

We never heard any details

We get there a little before 10. Took a taxi, it was $6 per person each way, including tip

How long does it take from port to Nachi? I've never been but your pics are making me think this might be a place I want to go.

About 15-20 minutes. We love Nachi. You can pre-book with a deposit on their website. They are not a ship sponsored excursion, but highly recommended here on CC

Thank you for your review. So happy to see what the Allure has in store for us. We are 80 miles west of Chicago. Our cruise is not until May 20th. I had my 2nd toe 3rd week of January and just got my boot off the other day. Ditched the boot after a long six weeks. Felt like I was lugging around a brick all day.

I hear you! That boot was horrible. [emoji31]

When I complained to my orthopedic doctor about it, he told me I could have a hard cast instead. [emoji15] I politely declined and shuffled out happily with my 10 pound boot

Was there a Quest? If so which night was it? Thanks

Think it was day 5 or 6... I know it was in the compass...

Oh no, :eek: You can't go home yet. What am I going to do for the next 34 days. Stay on board. :loudcry:

I wish....hoping Andrew goes LIVE soon, so it sort of feels like I didn’t get off [emoji847]

Safe travels home. One question. Met a woman today who either got off the Allure today or last week. She said that the extra nightly menu if you weren't happy with the regular one was no longer available. Hope she is mistaken. The sliders on the nightly menu are a treat if you aren't really hungry.Is she right, or was she possibly in CK and didn't know it.

Here are the MDR menus... we only ate their once, but the service was fabulous. Probably because there was hardly anyone in there.... I’ve never seen the MDR so empty... a victim of specialty dining no doubt.

Appetizers, dinner and desserts... we were done in an hour. Bread and rolls were delivered right when we arrived. No separate dessert menu, which I actually like.

On or about Day 2, I asked our cabin steward for the MDR menus in case we wanted to order room service. He delivered all 7 days at once, including the nights we had already missed, so you have steward Mark Anthony to thank for these!

In the bottom right hand corner of each page he wrote the day order...

7cfd57950df0923e3608ea2750beda7e.jpg

4b18a9001945a900b84d2fc993807b3d.jpg

860015d5660f7c250daa4ba2e8b9b52f.jpg

2be07a9ac4735b7c44a4ce1666255a36.jpg

• Like 1

Unfortunately, that does not help if you want to pre-book your shows.

The shows will be presented in your Cruise Planner pre-cruise. It's a pain, but you can go through each show and see the days and times each will be performed.

Chops was pretty abysmal...actually, just bad, with the exception of the mushroom soup, which was the highlight of the meal. I was disappointed that the onion soup was gone from the menu [emoji53]

21063a39cd0158961ec9ceaa8b014792.jpg

DH has the crab cake and said it was also very good...

1534a3454240f64256ca940a38f145a7.jpg

Then it was downhill all the way. I should preface these comments by saying I have eaten in Chops many times, on many different ships. It always has been just a bit more special... which, for the price, as it should be—in quality, presentation, atmosphere, and service.

My shrimp cocktail.... “where’s the shrimp”? Three little tiny things....

6ceadf26108aadff76e36424dc6b17cb.jpg

We got two plates of these sides for our table of 7....tator tots and Mac and cheese....seriously....not even enough tots to go around 🤪 the second plate had a different variety but how are these servings “family style” to feed seven people?!??

561a9332df949eb0563e36fd005b857c.jpg

6 ounce filet, also bad....

147e1344944de15549e0aa5abed9ded2.jpg

Finally, my dessert.....I always look forward to the beautifully presented desserts at Chops [emoji847]

9d356f60b4f247d92d689f814d47f650.jpg

Any guesses out there as to what this is? In fairness, it did taste good.

And the service was not horrible. So there was that. Didn’t complain because I didn’t pay full price since I had the D coupon, BOGO, but I will be sharing my thoughts on the post cruise survey.

In short, I do not recommend Chops. At least not on Allure.[emoji107]

WOW!!, What a difference. We ate at Chops on the Adventure and the Navigator last year. The food presentation was a lot better on the other ships. Thanks for the pics and info.

Sky Class information....take note....Spa bathrobes provided for your use onboard, does not mean those same bathrobes can be worn in the suite lounge [emoji23] 2580b208001ff1cfabbf27fcb9d76f50.jpg

4cecc76c773dbf1a2588d40db778f0b1.jpg

Royal babies and tots info

d965bc3ebf250592c8090e32f001b897.jpg

0ffe9f9c44c88a7cd8643b7c3747447e.jpg

Thanks for the menus, and thanks Mark Anthony. Noticed everything is on the one menu, but still have the same every night menu listed with everything else. I agree that Chops has gone way downhill, even on the other ships. On the Freedom, it was plain awful and the whole meal went back as we walked out. Really too bad.

Glad you had a good cruise. I'll watch for your next one

Our plan was to eat in coastal kitchen last night, but we had a small “miscommunication” over our reservation [emoji35]

Wound up at Giovanni’s. The filet was outstanding. Far superior to Chops

d9c8cad0861d20662da99798114e8a4c.jpg

Dessert sampler, tiramisu, chocolate hazelnut, cannolis....these were just mehhh to me....the best and only calorie worthy dessert I had all week was the creme brûlée

1cff1e71b1611a47ec5ae06521937bac.jpg

To what doneness did you order your filet from a Chops? It looked a bit charred.

Thank you times a million! We are heading on Allure next Sunday 3/11 and cannot wait - your photos and reviews are awesome! I also am in boot so I feel for you...I'm jealous you got some time outside of your boot, hoping I can do the same, especially for the beach.

Thanks again and cheers!

Amanda

To what doneness did you order your filet from a Chops? It looked a bit charred.

Medium rare.....and it was....[emoji12] still surprisingly horrible.

The Giovanni’s filet was perfect tho...so the winner of the best steak this week in the specialty restaurants goes to Giovanni’s [emoji106]