“LIVE” from the Allure of the Seas - 2/25

niksmom630

We were in Cozumel a couple of weeks ago. Had nothing like this. We had to show our seapass card to get access to the port area itself (i.e. right after we got out of the taxi), and then again as we moved from the shopping area to the pier itself. We had our passports in hand but never had to show them to anyone. No lines at all. No metal detectors on the pier. We ran our bags through X-ray on the ship.

This must be related to the recent ferry issues.

Only with a Oasis class ship in port, each port where Oasis class docks is set up this way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We’ll be in Coastal Kitchen most evenings but if you went to the Samba Grill, how was it, thinking about making a reservation. Thanks!

I'm not the OP, but we went to Samba Grill in January and loved it. I have to preface my statement by saying we dined there in January of 2017 and hated it.

It has improved 1000%, which it needed. The salad bar is pretty much like any salad bar. There is a new "bar" that has sides such as mashed potatoes, au gratin potatoes, corn on the cob, asparagus etc. There are also rolls for those who want them.

The dessert "bar" is also a lot better than it was. The service was excellent and the manager was walking around the entire time we were there checking to see if anyone wanted, needed anything. It was like night and day from last year.

The one thing I found strange, and I have to admit the only other Brazilian Steak House I have been to, is Texas de Brazil which is one of my favorite restaurants, is when they serve the filet

, if there are only 2 people at the table, there are 2 pieces of filet on the skewer. I am used to having a full skewer of filet, as well as the other meats, and being able to say how much I want of XYZ.

I think it's worth the upcharge and we plan to go there when we sail Allure in June.

does anybody know where to find the main dining room layout with numbers? looking to make our table preference known.

The table numbers switch weekly. On embarkation day go to the MDR and find your table, and locate your table. Supposedly you can talk to the Maître de and get you table changed.

Have you found any small wonders yet? 3D views inside each one. Some look like binoculars, some like cannons standing up. 20 in all over the ship.

Sooo, I did not know of these small wonders, until I saw your post....I noticed a few canons and binoculars, but chocked it up to “art”...[emoji38] I found one....now I have to visit Allure again and find the other 19.... I won’t tell you where this one was [emoji4]

ef58c092b9c0da8f090c84dc35056169.jpg

8e5495ee66e87e3beb63f000e26389af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 7 always stinks unless you booked a B2B [emoji53] very early flight tomorrow, and out of Miami to boot.....(pun intended) fingers crossed my next post is from the gate at the airport.... if not, this review is going to drag out a lot longer 🤣

Day 7 always stinks unless you booked a B2B [emoji53] very early flight tomorrow, and out of Miami to boot.....(pun intended) fingers crossed my next post is from the gate at the airport.... if not, this review is going to drag out a lot longer 🤣

Thanks for the review Chris - and safe travels home! [emoji8]

Dan.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much!! I think I had “almost” as much fun as you had just reading your review, taking notes and looking forward to seeing Allure in person this fall!![emoji7]

Good morning all! Cozumel today [emoji2] will try and get a few pics and compasses loaded before we head to Nachi today!

061de662502aab530d6715bb128ed9ef.jpg

31abe8bbe7fece554d785433bd657dac.jpg

09856159ca116fc347f82dde135c0d68.jpg

Whirlpools outside solarium, deck 15

25914b0998c7005fe5526a27e34145c8.jpg

01ed8301689c27c754f8d23695177953.jpg

cde2186062e8118f4c7cf57ea52b2ae9.jpg

Great Pictures. Do you shoot on Manual?

Thank you so much for taking time out of your cruise to post such a fantastic review. It is always a shock to see how quickly a week can go by on vacation. I’m sure your fur babies will welcome you with happy doggie grins. Wishing you a smooth trip home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love the Shows at a glance sheet. My complaint is I don't understand why Royal doesn't post that In the cruise planner. When the shows are released, I have to go through everything and make my own chart to decide when to reserve which show.

Where can I find the Shows at a Glance sheet?

Thanks

Wow!! This sounds so Cool! Does anyone know if this is true for Allure?

Small Wonders are only offered on Oasis and Allure (Chris’s ship).

Our stars all seem to be aligned this morning.[emoji847] we are currently en route to Miami airport via jiffy Jeff transportation, which I pre arranged. We have a 10:45 flight from Miami to Chicago (risky, I know, but a gamble I was willing to take because of my previous debarkation experiences on Oasis class ships). The concierge told us to meet her in the champagne bar at 7:15, and said she would walk us thru to customs as we did self assist walk off. We were outside the champagne bar at 6:50, and one of the staff said we’d probably be curbside before 7:15, and he was right.

6:55-7:10....exactly 15 minutes from ship to curbside. [emoji106]

Our plan was to eat in coastal kitchen last night, but we had a small “miscommunication” over our reservation [emoji35]

Wound up at Giovanni’s. The filet was outstanding. Far superior to Chops

d9c8cad0861d20662da99798114e8a4c.jpg

Dessert sampler, tiramisu, chocolate hazelnut, cannolis....these were just mehhh to me....the best and only calorie worthy dessert I had all week was the creme brûlée

1cff1e71b1611a47ec5ae06521937bac.jpg

Great Pictures. Do you shoot on Manual?

Thanks [emoji4] but no, I do not.

when I did use my Sony Nex, I was mostly in Scene mode. ....normally I use my real camera a lot more, but because of my foot, I didn’t want to haul it around.

The bulk of these photos (90 %) are with my iPhone X. I used the Sony only for the shows ( low light situations) I have Blue Planet pictures that I haven’t pulled off my camera yet....