Email Notifications

l am receiving emails when I get a notification from cruise critic. Does anyone know how to make it so I don't get emails but still notifications?

You can unsubscribe from any threads that are causing the emails.

l am receiving emails when I get a notification from cruise critic. Does anyone know how to make it so I don't get emails but still notifications?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I completely understand what you are asking but sadly I don't know how to stop it. I want to stop it too. First of all, I get a notification AND an email. More importantly the email is LATE, it comes HOURS and sometimes DAYS AFTER the comment/s are made.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

What is the advantage to subscribing to a thread if you don't want to receive the emails? The whole purpose of subscribing is to be notified if someone responds to a post.

The advantage of subscribing is so when you log back onto Cruise Critic the threads that you are interested in and have subscribed to that have new posts are easily located. I subscribe but get no notifications or e-mails.

I completely understand what you are asking but sadly I don't know how to stop it. I want to stop it too. First of all, I get a notification AND an email. More importantly the email is LATE, it comes HOURS and sometimes DAYS AFTER the comment/s are made.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

As mentioned the best thing to do is unsubscribe.

With very few exceptions my notification e-mails come within minute of another post.

Keith

What is the advantage to subscribing to a thread if you don't want to receive the emails? The whole purpose of subscribing is to be notified if someone responds to a post.

I subscribe in order to keep my favorite threads/boards listed in my User Control Panel to make them easier to find, but like the OP, I prefer not to get an e-mail notification when someone replies to a thread to which I'm subscribed. I have enough clutter in my inbox and I check CC often enough to see when someone has replied to a subscribed thread.

OP, if you subscribe to a thread or board, you should get a drop-down option for Notification Type. To avoid getting e-mail notifications, select "No email notification" from that drop-down menu before you click the "Add Subscription" button. To turn it off for existing subscriptions, you may need to unsubscribe, then resubscribe and select that option.

You can also set your preference in your User Control Panel to subscribe you to threads that you reply to, but not to send you e-mail notifications. In your User Control Panel, click on Edit Options in Settings and Options on the left sidebar. Scroll down to Messaging & Notification and select the Default Thread Subscription Mode. You can select "Do Not Subscribe" if you don't want to be automatically subscribed, or No Email Notification if you want to be automatically subscribed, but don't want to receive emails.

Hope this is helpful!

Edited by TrishOB
Adding information

Thanks for your help everyone! I figured it out!

What was your solution? Did you turn it off as a preference or is it per thread subscribed?

Maybe it is different from a phone, but in a Windows computer when you click to subscribe it asks what type of notification, if any, do you want to receive.

• 3 weeks later...
What was your solution? Did you turn it off as a preference or is it per thread subscribed?

Maybe it is different from a phone, but in a Windows computer when you click to subscribe it asks what type of notification, if any, do you want to receive.

No I can't seem to figure it out