Bringing food back to room from Windjammer

DeeDee316

https://amzn.to/2znln7e

Maybe consider bringing a few of these. Amazon has a bunch of different styles, about $10 for 15 containers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A great idea! Although we have free room service, sometimes you want something small (like the 2-3 bites sandwiches they have). Easy enough to carrying a few back to the cabins- and why not, it hardly crosses some etiquette rule (and if it did, stupid rule LOL).

I buy these to prepare main dishes on the weekend and freeze for the week. They don’t last forever, but they do really well and would be perfect for this (plus, they are fairly cheap). I find Amazon has some good ones and some cheaper versions, so in my experience it pays to really check them out via Fakespot before buying. Thanks for thinking of that, I have have a whole new box downstairs! (y)

Not sure if it’s amusing or truly disturbing that this idea got push back like she was thinking of throwing up her dress when the Queen Mother walks by! My parents were big on doing things properly, very much so, but I can see them putting their nose in the air over someone wanting to take a chosen snack to the room for later vs. ordering Room service. It matters whether a guest or wait staff holds the food on the journey?! Can’t see why.

Lynn

Edited by 2Beeze

Not sure if it’s amusing or truly disturbing that this idea got push back like she was thinking of throwing up her dress when the Queen Mother walks by! My parents were big on doing things properly, very much so, but I can see them putting their nose in the air over someone wanting to take a chosen snack to the room for later vs. ordering Room service. It matters whether a guest or wait staff holds the food on the journey?! Can’t see why.

Lynn

I think the comment had more to do with what else will people think of to pack for a cruise NOT a judgement about bringing food back to the cabin for a snack. Over the years people have suggested all kinds of things to pack for a cruise. This suggestion was certainly original.

Nothing to stop you, but I wouldn't think it would be easier with kids. Really no place to sit and eat in the cabin, unless you are just thinking cookies or something, not a real meal. Also hard to carry with drinks, etc.

Never mind hard to carry. It’s almost impossible to open the door without setting something down on the floor. This is the only reason I could think of for getting a wristband. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the comment had more to do with what else will people think of to pack for a cruise NOT a judgement about bringing food back to the cabin for a snack. Over the years people have suggested all kinds of things to pack for a cruise. This suggestion was certainly original.

…;)

Oh I wasn’t a bit miffed myself, just some of the commentary made me laugh... I really didn’t think of it as being a big deal, was just commenting :) I did think a few comments were odd (even if the implied criticism was in jest, although it was not at all clear that was the case). But notice that I didn’t respond to anyone other than the OP, hoping no one would feel the need to protect them :confused: :')

Edited by 2Beeze