First river cruise questions

SMNYCruise

All of the river cruise ships are small (most under 200 passengers). My first river cruise was from Budapest to Passau on the Danube, and the 2nd was Bucharest to Budapest, also on the Danube. I think any river makes for a great first river cruise.

Have you looked at the stickies at the top? Lots of good comparisons between the various river cruise lines.

Roz

The Danube is a great first choice, along with the Rhine. As to which company, it depends on what your lifestyle is, and what you hope to do on your cruise. Are you more active? Would you enjoy a more active itinerary? Some lines offer bikes on board, and bike excursions. Some lines offer hiking at various ports.

Like Roz said, all river cruise ships are small, passenger count wise, some smaller than others.

If you want a line that offers more "active" itineraries, then I would suggest AmaWaterways, Uniworld, and Avalon, as they have all stepped up in this area.

Robin

Hi, I agree with Roz and Robin:) Rivercruises are small and intimate. I took my first River Cruise in 2016 and 2 years later I keep saying I want to do another one but it just hasn't worked out that way. So now I am looking at 2019:D:D and will find one for next year!

I sailed AMA Waterways and LOVED IT!!!

Our first river cruise was China with Viking and we loved it. I had been getting the brochures for a while and had my eye on it. My brother actually took it before we did and he came back raving about about what a fantastic experience it was. That was when we finally booked it. Since then we have done two more on rivers in Europe and have booked our fourth for 2019.

I would put a plug in for Uniworld. I just signed up for my 4th cruise with them and all have been fantastic. My favorite would be there Prague to Vienna but if you have the time they have a longer cruise that covers some of the same itinerary.