Items not allowed back onboard

panzafit

Alcohol Policy

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines) or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine or champagne onboard only on embarkation day, limited to two (2) bottles (no boxes) of 750 ml each per stateroom. Wine should be brought onboard via carry on if possible. Luggage containing wine or champagne will not be delivered to the stateroom and guests will need to retrieve their luggage from security once the ship has set sail. Only staterooms with at least one (1) guest over 21 years of age are eligible to bring bottles of wine or champagne onboard. Guests may request a corkscrew to use for opening bottles in their stateroom.

Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect the bottles and if they appear to have been tampered with, they will not be allowed to be brought onboard. Security may also inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings originating in North America is twenty-one (21).

The minimum age to consume alcohol on Royal Caribbean International ships on sailings from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is eighteen (18). The minimum age to consume alcohol at all private destinations remains twenty-one (21) without regard to where the sailing originated.

The Company retains the right, on rare occasions, to raise the minimum age of alcohol consumption on any sailing when local laws require or permit such a modification.

Guests who violate any alcohol policies (over consuming, providing alcohol to people under the age of 21, demonstrating irresponsible behavior, or attempting to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage checkpoints or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with the Guest Conduct Policy.

Prohibited Items

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

Prohibited items:

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Illegal Drugs
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Aerial Drones
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • HAM Radios
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • Alcoholic Beverages (Note: Guests are allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

Prohibited items Policy

Security Screening And Prohibited Items Royal Caribbean International’s highest priority is to ensure the safety and security of all guests. In order to maintain an effective and meaningful security environment and to comply with international and national security laws, regulations and guidelines, Royal Caribbean has established strict security procedures in the seaport terminals we utilize and onboard all our vessels. These measures include screening all guests and their personal property prior to boarding. We appreciate our cooperation in this endeavor.

For the safety of our guests, certain items are not allowed onboard the cruise ship. Weapons, illegal drugs and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of the guests and crew are prohibited. The following are examples of items that are not allowed onboard. These and other similar items will be taken by ships Security upon being found.

Prohibited items: Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas; Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed.) Illegal Drugs & Substances; Candles & Incense; Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons/Steamers & Hot Plates; Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows; Illegal Drugs; Skateboards & Surfboards; Martial Arts Gear; Self Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks. Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks; HAM Radios, Dangerous Chemicals including bleach and paint; Personal Alcohol; Hookah Pipes.

In addition, technically you are not allowed to bring on any food not in a factory sealed container. Having said that, things that come in a bakery box will generally be allowed (though might not). Conch shells are supposed to have a certificate with them showing they have been properly cleaned to get the last little bit of the critter out of the shell.

Does anyone have a list or website that shows what you can and can't take back onboard from Nassau, CocoCay, Key West? Such as alcohol, rum cakes, conch shells, sand, etc....

Alcohol will be returned at the end of your cruise. Loose sand, rocks, and shells are prohibited, EXCEPT when it's a purchased product. Having said that, they don't check your pockets, so a few shells will get by. Food must be packaged, but I've never seen any specific rules.

Does anyone have a list or website that shows what you can and can't take back onboard from Nassau, CocoCay, Key West? Such as alcohol, rum cakes, conch shells, sand, etc....

Bottles of alcohol they will hold for you until the last night. Rum cakes are fine. Conch shells and sand must be sterilized to avoid bringing on any living organisms. I know in Bermuda there are places you can purchase certified items, you can’t just bring a bag of sand from the beach for instance. Now, I know there will be those who will insist they were able to smuggle shells and sand onboard and I’ve no doubt it’s possible but you asked what was allowed.

I know this will get me into trouble.

Why would you bring conch shells onboard? Sorry to be the 'environmental police' but buying them only

encourages islanders to take more from the sea.

Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints.

nothing you picked up off the beach yourself.. any seashells, sand, sand dollars, sea stars etc must be purchased at a tacky souvenir shop. ( raw untreated still has a major possibility of containing live organisms) any factory sealed foodstuff is fine. any alcohol will be held until the last night.

anything that gets opened while on the cruise cannot be taken off at any port( so make sure you eat ALL the rum cake!)

coral can be problematic, even if you buy it.. in some cases it may have been harvested illegally.

Why would you bring conch shells onboard? Sorry to be the 'environmental police' but buying them only

I have a conch shell, that was purchased many years ago. Conch is not as endangered as the coral reefs are. and there are ways to ensure that it was harvested sustainably.

Conch are not harvested for the shells, they are harvested for the meat inside.

Only things I ever take back on board the ship are items purchased from a shop. Typically, alcohol to take back home, rum cake, hot sauce, spice mix. Alcohol they usually intercept and I have to go and collect it on the last day. The rest, they have always let through.

In European ports, I have taken back on board pastries, sweets etc. which are sold loose and not factory packed and I have not had these intercepted. Don't know what the official policy is but so far it has been ok. Rules might be different on US itineraries.

I found it interesting that last summer on Allure, one of our ports was St Maarten. We did a tour of the island and went to the French side and to Serafini's for pastries.

I brought back a couple of things in a bag from there and my son and his family brought back pastries in a bakery box. When we departed the tour, I went back to the ship and my son and family spent more time on the Dutch side. I had no problem with my bag with the pastry in it. My son's family had their confiscated.

I have no idea why one was allowed and the other wasn't. I would try this again, but I think the French side is not "up and running" as the Dutch side, but perhaps by summer things will improve.