Chef's Table?

Hroswitha

One of the things we've particularly enjoyed on some other cruise lines has been the Chef's Table. Is anything similar offered on HAL--particularly the Noordam?

Thanks in advance!

We have wanted to do this again for a long time. I don't know what ships offer this dinner or when but I do know that they are not offered on the seven day cruises. We did the 10 day Panama Canal cruise in January on the Zuiderdam and it was also not offered.

We have done Chef Rudi's dinner several times including on 7 day cruises.

It is limited to 18 people. Some times there were only 8 of us there. Many times not enough people signed up for it, thus it wasn't held.

Just go to the Pinnacle Grill on Embarkation day and ask if there is going to be one.

With HAL introducing so many new dinner concepts, this may be a thing of the past.

We like the Master Chef's Table, too.

I was told on the Westerdam that it is only offered on cruises with enough sea days and not on 7 day cruises. I forget if the minimum was 10 or 14 days.

There wasn't any on my Rotterdam cruise and when I inquired they said that Seattle had put them on hold.

Hopetully it is back, but it may vary from ship to ship even. Best thing to do is inquire on embarkation day as KK said. They are booked up quickly so the early bird gets the worm ;)

We really enjoy them and so hope they will continue to be offered. We next sail on the Kdam and know all the extra dining options there but would still like a special Chefs Table. Also, we had the original Culinary Arts Center dinners and liked them. Hope the new ATK tapas is a good replacement.

We really enjoy them and so hope they will continue to be offered. We next sail on the Kdam and know all the extra dining options there but would still like a special Chefs Table. Also, we had the original Culinary Arts Center dinners and liked them. Hope the new ATK tapas is a good replacement.

Just off the Koningsdam in January and they no longer have Chef's Table. They have a Dre Librije dinner in the Pinnacle Grill once a cruise (replaces Le Cirque) and they had a Cellar Master Dinner on both our 10-day and 11-day segments. The Cellar Master dinners were both held in the Tamarind Restaurant.

Just off the Koningsdam in January and they no longer have Chef's Table. They have a Dre Librije dinner in the Pinnacle Grill once a cruise (replaces Le Cirque) and they had a Cellar Master Dinner on both our 10-day and 11-day segments. The Cellar Master dinners were both held in the Tamarind Restaurant.

thanks for letting us know. Disappointing to say the least.

I was told by Seattle after the Rotterdam that they had cancelled it but I was contradicted on the boards, so I was holding out hope.

I'll still ask on the P'dam. If not, it will just be the Cellar Master. No De Librije offered - Sel de Mer is. I guess I am fated never to try De Librije. :(. Since the Rotterdam (where it originated) didn't have it last year. I was told Sel de Mer was replacing it and Le Cirque. Very confusing.

Thank you for the information.

thanks for letting us know. Disappointing to say the least.

I was told by Seattle after the Rotterdam that they had cancelled it but I was contradicted on the boards, so I was holding out hope.

I'll still ask on the P'dam. If not, it will just be the Cellar Master. No De Librije offered - Sel de Mer is. I guess I am fated never to try De Librije. :(. Since the Rotterdam (where it originated) didn't have it last year. I was told Sel de Mer was replacing it and Le Cirque. Very confusing.

That's too bad. De Librije was possibly the best meal we have ever had on a cruise ship, bar none :D A bit expensive at $69 per person plus $40 for the wine pairings but really outstanding food and presentation.

That's too bad. De Librije was possibly the best meal we have ever had on a cruise ship, bar none :D A bit expensive at $69 per person plus $40 for the wine pairings but really outstanding food and presentation.

Seems to be the same price as Cellar Master or close enough - fine by me IF we had it :)

Maybe it will be a surprise on the P'dam but I'm not betting on it. Oh well, we'll try Sel de Mer and if there's a Cellar Master, we'll be there in a flash.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the heads up :)

Oh that's interesting. Your posts made me look in my email and there's a chefs table offering "on this cruise only". It's a 7 day sailing in March. 4 courses with wine pairings at $89/pp. Maybe I should give them a call!

Oh that's interesting. Your posts made me look in my email and there's a chefs table offering "on this cruise only". It's a 7 day sailing in March. 4 courses with wine pairings at $89/pp. Maybe I should give them a call!

Now, that is interesting.

I've never seen the Chef's Table offered by email on any of my cruises. If it's the same one we are talking about, snap it up - if you like nice table settings, crystal, good wines and lovely courses.

Now, that is interesting.

I've never seen the Chef's Table offered by email on any of my cruises. If it's the same one we are talking about, snap it up - if you like nice table settings, crystal, good wines and lovely courses.

Going to call them now! Thanks Kazu!

Going to call them now! Thanks Kazu!

good luck. I hope it's the same. It sure sounds like it as that's the right price.

wondering if they are doing this as a test to bring it back, I hope I get the same email for my cruise.

good luck. I hope it's the same. It sure sounds like it as that's the right price.

wondering if they are doing this as a test to bring it back, I hope I get the same email for my cruise.

It's called Chef's Table with Andy Matsuda. We're booked!

10 minutes on hold because my call is important to them. Should I hang up?

nope. Hang on unless you can book it on line which I doubt you can.

don't you love hearing how important your call is? over and over and over again :'):')

It's called Chef's Table with Andy Matsuda. We're booked!

Well the Andy Matsuda is new but if it's anything like what we have had you will enjoy.

Dam, I forgot to remind you to request an email confirmation from them so you could bring it along "in case". I'm sure you did though ;)

Here is a bit I found on him https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/tag/tamarind/

Might be slightly different but very promising.

Well the Andy Matsuda is new but if it's anything like what we have had you will enjoy.

Dam, I forgot to remind you to request an email confirmation from them so you could bring it along "in case". I'm sure you did though ;)

He sent it while we were on the phone. I'm excited! And you're right. Can't book online. Only through Ship Services.

You are so right. I shall report back!

Looking forward to hearing about it.

I edited my post earlier as I found a bit on him on the HAL blog and provided the link.

Any connection with the Tamarind promises good things IMO. enjoy :)