Stockholder benefit officvially extended

caribill

Also, there seems to be some conflicting responses in older threads - am I going to see this showing up in the Payments and Credits tab on the booking management screen? I booked through a travel agent unfortunately, if that makes a difference.

Also, there seems to be some conflicting responses in older threads - am I going to see this showing up in the Payments and Credits tab on the booking management screen? I booked through a travel agent unfortunately, if that makes a difference.

You can view it there no matter how you booked a cruise.

Next to it is an asterisk notation: *Please enjoy using these credits onboard as they are not refundable.

On the form it no longer has the restriction that proof of ownership be within 90 days of sailing. At the beginning of this year I was able to add SOBC for a Fall 2019 cruise however I don’t have a more recent experience.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks again everyone.

The credit is now visible in my online account, it showed up at some point today. I submitted it late Monday so at the moment it looks like it takes about 2 business days to appear.

I learned the hard way that RCCL will not allow shareholder credit if any other OBC has been given as in my case OBC for booking the cruise on a prior sailing. Another reason not to sail on RCCL.

We sometimes sail on CCL and they do allow the shareholder OBC even though we have OBC received from booking the cruise while on a previous cruise. Does appear however that PCL seems to be the most generous in granting OBC from different sources.

I learned the hard way that RCCL will not allow shareholder credit if any other OBC has been given as in my case OBC for booking the cruise on a prior sailing. Another reason not to sail on RCCL.

We sometimes sail on CCL and they do allow the shareholder OBC even though we have OBC received from booking the cruise while on a previous cruise. Does appear however that PCL seems to be the most generous in granting OBC from different sources.

I agree with the generosity of Princess in allowing combining OBC. Between the Veteran's OBC, Shareholders OBC, TA OBC and OBC provided by PCL as a cruise incentive, my wife and I have over $2000 of OBC on a transatlantic cruise next September. Certainly never had that much free money ever before!

Tom

Does anyone know where I might locate a current submission form?

The two PDFs posted above both contain the following language:

This benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2018. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2018

It certainly appears that the benefit keeps rolling over but even so, I’d rather submit on a current form.

Thanks!

This benefit is applicable on sailings through July 31, 2018. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2018

It certainly appears that the benefit keeps rolling over but even so, I’d rather submit on a current form.

Thanks!

Just make a Word document or even a plain text document. Include all of your cruise info and your own info in the doc and either paste your proof of ownership into that doc or provide it as a separate doc. I used to fax from work but I am blessedly free from work these days so I use Fax Zero online. It's free and works well. I fax it to the number below, wait an hour or so, then call the second number to verify the fax has been received. They will ask the number of the fax line you used (I just tell them I used Fax Zero) and then look it up and apply the credit immediately. You can ask them to send a verification email if you like.

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info) – Address to Booking Support

Tel: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

Here's the most recent form which isn't required nor have the dates been changed but either way they'll accept a complete request.

Thanks!

As I wrote, this is the most recent form they have available.

Usually by now they have updated the dates on the form but not yet. Again, they’ll accept a form with any date on it or no form at all. They created the form due to receiving too many incomplete requests which slows down issuing the credit for everyone.

Thanks!

i used the same form, submitted and it was credited the OBC within a day or so. they was no problems using an old outdated form

does this mean there was any consideration for cancelling this benefit? Or will they cancel it in 2019?

The benefit is from Carnival Corp and applies to their various cruise brands such as Princess.

Each year the Board of Directors must decide whether or not to renew the benefit for another year, usually making the decision in March. Although there is always the possibility that it could not be renewed, so far it has been renewed each year since it first was started.

• 1 month later...

Getting ready to fax my request in. My brokerage statement is 12 pages long, does anyone know if I have to send the whole statement or can I just send the page that shows my Carnival shares? Each page has my name and account number on the top. I know I need to black out the account number.

Getting ready to fax my request in. My brokerage statement is 12 pages long, does anyone know if I have to send the whole statement or can I just send the page that shows my Carnival shares? Each page has my name and account number on the top. I know I need to black out the account number.

only the page that has the Carnival shares

Just the page with the CCL shares. I faxed mine in this morning around 10am and had the credits by noon. For two cruises, one next summer 2019 and the other the following January 2020. Love this benefit!

Just the page with the CCL shares. I faxed mine in this morning around 10am and had the credits by noon. For two cruises, one next summer 2019 and the other the following January 2020. Love this benefit!

Interesting. I thought you could submit with a certain number days (90?) before the cruise .

Interesting. I thought you could submit with a certain number days (90?) before the cruise .

That changed about 18 months ago & now only requires a current statement so SOBC is available to use to “pay” to book tours in advance.

I have SOBC for all of my future cruises & as late as May 2020. On my future cruises tours are available to book long in advance including 422 days before cruising.

good to know there is no 90 days restrictions anymore. we had some hard time with Princess rep. a couple weeks ago, they were not as nice as before, actually a bit rude. During the process, we found out:

800 872 6779 ext. 30317 no longer works. have to call general 800 number.

After 10 days after mailed in, (usually we got the response within 3-5 days), we called to confirm if they received it or not,

we were told to call back after 2 weeks, he did not even bother to check. Called back after 2 weeks, second agent told us re-send, that's it, re-send and bye.

So we faxed it this time, called to confirm, were told wait for 7 business days. However, we got it at the same day this time, after a long conversation with her.

They still saying 90 days restriction on the phone and on the ship last month, it seems they do not know the new policy.

We pick up Carnival Copr. shareholder benefit request form by Future Cruise Purchase office. This time we did not see 872 6779 ext 30317 on the form, but it was last year.

Hopefully we will get good customer services back next time. One can always hope.

• 1 year later...
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:02 PM, familymum said:

Hi, Does anyone know if you must have owned the shares a minimum number of days in order to get the OBC? I understand that you must ask for the credit at least 3 weeks before sailing but can you have bought them the week or month before? It seems to me that I read somewhere that you need to own the shares a least 90 days prior, but I can't find it now. Final payment for my upcoming cruise is Monday and I was wondering if I could still benefit if I buy the shares after that. The share price has been dropping everyday this week so I wasn't too keen on buying it, but if it continues to drop I might decide to them pick up...

"Final Payment" date has NOTHING to do with Stock cruise credit.  They want the cruiser to request such credit 90 days before but this is not mandatory, and not tied to the 90 days that final payment is due.